Non-Converting Twin Beds?

Timtammi

Hi there all

DH and I are booked on the Sydney-Dubai segment of QM2's World Cruise in Feb next year.

Today I logged into the Cunard Voyage Personaliser (thanks to the person who posted info about that here on the board!) and was able to access info on our booking - so it obviously works for Australian bookings as well as thats where I am! Anyway, we are booked in Cabin 4079 which is a B3 (with 3rd berth available as we are travelling with our toddler). According to everything I had read about this category of cabin they have "king sized beds which may convert to twin" but the Cunard personaliser indicates in our booking that the bed configuration is "Non-converting Twins"!! This is not at all what we want!

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Are all the rooms King which may convert or are some non-converting twins? I would ring Cunard here in Aust but they are so hard to get through to and pretty clueless as well.

Thanks in advance

Timmi

I too have just discovered that one of the two rooms that my family will occupy has non converting twin beds.

I have just telephoned Cunard and they have confirmed that the twin beds can not be re-configured! They must stay as twin beds!

Let me know how you go on if you intend to try and get your booking changed -- good luck!

I too have just discovered that one of the two rooms that my family will occupy has non converting twin beds.

I have just telephoned Cunard and they have confirmed that the twin beds can not be re-configured! They must stay as twin beds!

Let me know how you go on if you intend to try and get your booking changed -- good luck!

There might be another reason: if you are using upper bunks, I don't think they are that keen on converting the lower beds as it makes it difficuilt to get to the upper bunk without sanding on the lower bed.

We were told this while on board last year. (I did think all beds were convertible).

I have just checked the Cunard Voyage Personaliser, and it also states "Non-converting Twins". We are in a P2 Mini Suite, so that rules out the upper bunks theory. We booked as a married couple so expected a double. I will be on to the TA first thing in the morning. I won't be happy if we are stuck with twin beds. Not sure about my wife, she might be happy with them :)

I'm on the Rio to New York trip, as well, and also noticed the "non-converting twin" warning on the Personaliser. My travel agent, however, called Cunard, which told her the information was wrong - the beds can be configured as either two twins or one queen. And when I went back on the Personaliser this morning, the bed notice had, indeed, been changed. So I'm assuming it's a site problem, not a ship problem.

1. Cunard was taken over by Princess/Carnival.

2. Princess' cruise personalizer has known problems with declaring that many rooms have non-converting twins even though they convert just fine

3. But some rooms truly do have non-converting twins.

4. I'd guess that there is a good chance that Cunard is using Princess' software, complete with buggy data.

I'd ask and get them to put the answer in writing, because that could definitely be a showstopper, and make sure you've also put in writing to them that you consider having a King (or Queen) bed an essential part of your booking.

I don't know why they can't seem to get this problem fixed; it has got to be causing far too many calls to Customer Service because I see it come up all the time on the Princess board.

Cheers,

Barb

When I book a Cunard (or Princess) sailing in POLAR which is the proprietary rez sytem, I am given a choice of bedding based upon occupancy from which to select.

In balcony staterooms.. and this is a holdover from Princess, if you are in a triple, it won't allow you queen configuration. However, once on the ship, the steward can convert the bedding.

I'm on the Rio to New York trip, as well, and also noticed the "non-converting twin" warning on the Personaliser. My travel agent, however, called Cunard, which told her the information was wrong - the beds can be configured as either two twins or one queen. And when I went back on the Personaliser this morning, the bed notice had, indeed, been changed. So I'm assuming it's a site problem, not a ship problem.

WELL WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

I rang Cunard again this morning after reading your post.

I didn't mention the 'personaliser info' at all but just said that a mistake appears to have been made on the configuration of our beds. The operator apologised and made the necessary amendments immediately and said she would send out written confirmation of the change today!

Completely different to what I was told yesterday...

WELL CAN I BELIEVE IT COMES TO MIND NOW?

Thanks Guys x

Archived