Viking Neptune

Orator

5 minutes ago, Orator said:

I don’t see posts on this ship. Anyone know the current status of the build?

Heidi 13 has been posting updates on the Neptune Roll Call for the World cruise December 22.  Lots of pages to look through and the search will help but most posts are on recent pages.  

from CruiseCritic Reviews:

"Viking Cruises' latest oceangoing ship, Viking Neptune, will make a splash when it enters service in December 2022"

From the above, the Viking Neptune is scheduled to enter service in December 2022.

Hopefully it will be ready for December 2022.

2 hours ago, MSEm said:

from CruiseCritic Reviews:

"Viking Cruises' latest oceangoing ship, Viking Neptune, will make a splash when it enters service in December 2022"

From the above, the Viking Neptune is scheduled to enter service in December 2022.

Hopefully it will be ready for December 2022.

At the present time, she is scheduled to commence revenue service on 17th November from Istanbul.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

At the present time, she is scheduled to commence revenue service on 17th November from Istanbul.

We are booked for the Mediterranean Antiquities starting Nov. 24 in Athens, on the Neptune.  I surely hope it's ready to go!

1 hour ago, miwakaly said:

We are booked for the Mediterranean Antiquities starting Nov. 24 in Athens, on the Neptune.  I surely hope it's ready to go!

Since the yard started cutting steel and fabricating blocks over a year ago and she has already completed sea trials, I would be surprised if she was delayed.

Worst case is probably similar to the Mars, where supply chain issues prevented some non-critical components being delivered and installed, but did not delay handover to the owners. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Myrtle Ave. Mayhem said:

I'll be on the trans-Atlantic crossing in December. Love any itinerary on Viking, but TA's are my favorite so as to enjoy all the sea days. The Viking Neptune will be the destination!

Will be on the same cruise. First on Viking , but more than 20 crossings. Love the sea days!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orator said:

Will be on the same cruise. First on Viking , but more than 20 crossings. Love the sea days!

Hello Orator - How exciting to be sailing aboard your first Viking Ocean cruise! This is a cruise line that wonderfully marches to the beat of their own drummer(& ours!) The Viking ships are perfect for sea days. Vincent in LA.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Orator said:

Welcome to Viking! If you haven’t already, you may want to review this thread, lots of advice and tips:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2416372-tips-for-new-viking-ocean-cruisers/page/62/#comment-62141739

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 5:40 PM, eadv said:

We are scheduled on the maiden voyage November 17 from Istanbul.  I'm looking for some fellow cruisers to talk to prior to departure.

We're also booked on the November 17th cruise from Istanbul. I didn't realise it was going to be the maiden/inaugural cruise. Now I'm a little worried that the ship may not be ready. What does Viking usually offer if they cancel your cruise?

Edited by FirstTimeFreddy

12 minutes ago, FirstTimeFreddy said:

We're also booked on the November 17th cruise from Istanbul. I didn't realise it was going to be the maiden/inaugural cruise. Now I'm a little worried that the ship may not be ready. What does Viking usually offer if they cancel your cruise?

Seriously doubt this cruise will be canceled.  The Neptune is leaving Europe for the start of the World Cruise in FL in Dec.

19 hours ago, Myrtle Ave. Mayhem said:

Hello Orator - How exciting to be sailing aboard your first Viking Ocean cruise! This is a cruise line that wonderfully marches to the beat of their own drummer(& ours!) The Viking ships are perfect for sea days. Vincent in LA.

I’ll be on this TA also, starting in Rome.

Am traveling Solo.  Also from LA

Ann

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 3:56 PM, travelbug11 said:

I’ll be on this TA also, starting in Rome.

Am traveling Solo.  Also from LA

Ann

Hi Ann, greetings from the Miracle Mile! Nice to meet you. What an amazing way to start your crossing, with a whole week ahead boarding in Rome!

2 hours ago, Myrtle Ave. Mayhem said:

Hi Ann, greetings from the Miracle Mile! Nice to meet you. What an amazing way to start your crossing, with a whole week ahead boarding in Rome!

2 hours ago, Myrtle Ave. Mayhem said:

Miracle Mile …. I grew up Wilshire/Fairfax!  

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 8:56 AM, Orator said:

I don’t see posts on this ship. Anyone know the current status of the build?

We are sailing on the Neptune, Athens-Rome Journey to Antiquities, from November 21-December 1st, 2022. (Previously had posted trip with our pre- and post- cruise stays.)

Edited by gr8-2travel
Wrong dates