Is it really too early to book cruise insurance? Cruise Feb 2023

Linda W.

I called the tripinsurancestore (as suggested by a number of people) and had some questions.  As I don't need medical evacuation insurance as I have a separate policy for that etc., I was told by the agent that works for Steve's company that is was way too early to book insurance for next years cruise.  This is the final thing I have to do in my planning and thought I would go ahead and get it done.  Celebrity doesn't have their policy out yet for next year so not sure what to do other than wait.  Have you all gone ahead and booked insurance or are waiting too?  Thanks for the advice.

1 minute ago, Linda W. said:

I called the tripinsurancestore (as suggested by a number of people) and had some questions.  As I don't need medical evacuation insurance as I have a separate policy for that etc., I was told by the agent that works for Steve's company that is was way too early to book insurance for next years cruise.  This is the final thing I have to do in my planning and thought I would go ahead and get it done.  Celebrity doesn't have their policy out yet for next year so not sure what to do other than wait.  Have you all gone ahead and booked insurance or are waiting too?  Thanks for the advice.

This doesn't sound quite right, but it may well have depended upon what you told them you *did* want insurance for.

We always buy our travel insurance through TIS, and the type of policy we get REQUIRES that we start the insurance within 10-20 days of the first payment (refundable deposit or otherwise; the timing depends upon state of residence).  So we have started some coverage >2 years in advance.  We only need to insure that initial deposit, and then as we make more payments, we up the coverage accordingly.

I'd suggest that you call back and double check this, unless you already know exactly why your type of coverage can wait.  (And some types of coverage can wait.)

GC

On 7/24/2022 at 6:28 PM, Linda W. said:

Hi Linda W,

> I was told by the agent that works for Steve's company that is was way too early to book insurance for next years cruise.

If you're not getting a Geo Blue plan, it's not too early.

Will you call me so I can figure out why you were told that?

Steve Dasseos

Edited by iamtrustworthy
typo
  • Thanks 1