Insurance when the cruise line cancels --a warning

We all know that now isn't the time to travel sans insurance for many reasons, but we're encountering a problem that we thought would be easy to solve.  I purchased insurance to cover family of 6 for an Alaska cruise that was cancelled by Ho!land America 13 days before departure.  I immediately notified InsureMyTrip and asked to have coverage for a different, cheaper cruise with balance refunded to me. I was told this is allowed when cancellation doesn't result in submission of any claim on the original trip. I had already reserved and paid for replacement cruise to Bermuda.   Sent all the details 3 + weeks before the new departure and received response that review would take 2 to 4 weeks.  I followed up before we left but got nothing from either InsureMyTrip or Generali, the carrier. When I got home on July 19, I contacted customer service and notified them that since they never provided evidence of coverage and since I had nothing to claim, I now wanted a full refund or I would contest with my Chase card. No response for 5 days. Suddenly, yesterday, they advise that if I had a need to file a claim while I was away, I would have found they would cover it. They immediately issued me a policy dated 9 days after my return home and refunded me balance to credit card for the difference in premium of $800+ and they kept $700+ for coverage that I never had.  They already knew I would not submit a claim, because I already told them I had nothing to claim.  Law only requires CC company to permit disputes up to 60 days, but since insurance company now put partial refund on my card, the 60 days starts ticking again (I hope).  Stay tuned, and beware. If your tour company cancels and you want a refund of insurance premiums from an independent carrier, don't ask for a conversion or a credit for another trip. Just try to get a refund.