Holiday Inn Express, Waikiki

georgiacat

4 hours ago, georgiacat said:

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Waikiki?  How was it?  How far is it from a beach?

While I have not stayed in the hotel I have been inside, it is a perfectly fine no frills hotel..nice lobby and clean rooms. You will be around a 10-15 min walk from Fort DeRussy Beach which is at the far end of Waikiki. The beach here can be quite narrow so I would recommend that you walk down the beach a bit towards the Hale Koa, here the beach is much wider. 

33 minutes ago, georgiacat said:

Please let me know how it is, how far is the beach, and want kinds of restaurants are withing walking distance.

Waikiki is a small area. It is barely 2 miles long and only a half mile wide. How far the beach is depends on which beach you want to go to; Waikiki has 5 beaches, 6 if you include Queen's Beach. The nearest beach is probably Fort DeRussy Beach, half a mile away.

Similarly, there are restaurants every place in Waikiki. One of my favorite collections of restaurants is just outside Waikiki on McCully Street. The McCully Shopping Center has at least 10 places to eat and each is very good.

https://mccullyshoppingcenter.com/restaurants

From the HIE to The House Without A Key and Orchids at Halekulani is 1 half mile, to Duke's at the Outrigger is 8/10 of a mile. Paia Fish Market Waikiki and Basalt are 4/10. And so on.

• 2 months later...

For others reading this topic ... we stayed at the HI Waikiki and liked it very much.  Basic, attractive, good staff.  We had a little balcony and could see the ocean.  They sent us over to Jimmy Buffet's in the morning, however, and it was the only bad breakfast we've had anywhere except at a truck stop in Bismark South Dakota in 1976.  

Edited by jsn55
wording

We stayed at the HIE Waikiki after our cruise early last month.  Excellent staff, good room and breakfast.

The only issue was the rooster in the park across the street from the hotel.  He would get rather vocal and loud early in the morning.  😬