Rent Beach Chairs/umbrella on Progresso Beach along Malecon de Progresso

Hello!  We would like to do a beach day when we port in Progresso in September this year.  We will be on the Carnival Breeze.  Several different questions about Progresso Beach.

I have watched videos on how to get to the beach from the cruise port.  Anyone that has been there recently (post COVID shutdown) know if you can rent beach chairs and umbrellas on the beach?  If so, do you know how much it is? Do vendors take US dollars?  Is this something that can be done prior to us being on the cruise?  

Also, has anyone had a Massage by Maria on the beach recently?  Thoughts and suggestions.  What do you wear?  Is there a place to change clothes?  

One more thing - where do you recommend for us to get lunch while on the beach?  

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
19 hours ago, XYZ808 said:

Hi, did you have any luck with finding beach chair & umbrella rentals on Progresso beach? 

Not the OP, but you shouldn't have any trouble.  We were approached a couple of times and found a spot not too far down where they agreed to give us two chairs and an umbrella for free as long as we ordered food and drinks from their restaurant across the street (Playa Progreso, maybe?).  We did and paid with a CC.  They tried to charge us for the chairs and umbrella (sneaky) but removed it when pointed out.  They did put a "service charge" or something on there, which irritated me, but I just tipped less.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

There are chairs for rent closest to where the road from the pier comes in.  They quoted us $20 for two chairs and an umbrella but I said we were only going to use them for an hour and got them for $10.  As you move down the beach most of the chairs are like above and available from restaurants if you buy from them.

• Like 1