Serenade-Southern-Montserrat Volcano

The glass cover does have the ability to be opened though it never was on our cruise. And to tell you the truth it was a nice place to go to to get out of the Southern Caribbean heat. And... it is NOTHING like the Holiday Inn....

There are some islands that you pass by that are really something. There is one small island that has a small plane landing strip that is built on the side of a cliff. I would not land there, no matter how much you paid. This sea day you could spend all day on deck.

St. Lucia at sunset is when the captain takes the Serenade over to the Pitons, the colors at this time are just awesome. The captain takes the Serenade to the Pitons, stops here, and then with the thrusters makes a 360 degree maneuver.

I would highly recommend this Carribbean itenerary, it is the best.

We are sailing on the Serenade 4/29 ten day cruise out of SJU. I'm hoping we will still get to do the Monserat sail by. I was on Monserat 2 months before the volcano blew. We had such a great time there and hope all the great people we spent time with are safe, (Sam Soul we love you)

I was shocked when I saw the pictures...We hiked to the volcano on our trip and at that time it was a small bubbling sulphur pit. We were surprised when it erupted 2 months later. I was able to pick out our favorite bar (Eagles Nest) in the rubble.

Hope I get a chance to see it again.

We are sailing on the Serenade 4/29 ten day cruise out of SJU. I'm hoping we will still get to do the Monserat sail by. I was on Monserat 2 months before the volcano blew. We had such a great time there and hope all the great people we spent time with are safe, (Sam Soul we love you)

I was shocked when I saw the pictures...We hiked to the volcano on our trip and at that time it was a small bubbling sulphur pit. We were surprised when it erupted 2 months later. I was able to pick out our favorite bar (Eagles Nest) in the rubble.

Hope I get a chance to see it again.

The town has been rebuilt on the other end of the island. I have a picture of it, but I don't have it posted online.

I highly suspect that on Serenade's 10 day cruise you won't be sailing by the islands that she normally passes on her way back to San Juan. The route from Aruba, or Curacao, back to San Juan follows a different trek.

We are booked on Serenade for next January and after reading this post, I'm ready for this to be my next cruise. I know they alternate captains so do you think I'm correct in assuming that they would each do the same thing? (eg: at the pitons)

We are booked on Serenade for next January and after reading this post, I'm ready for this to be my next cruise. I know they alternate captains so do you think I'm correct in assuming that they would each do the same thing? (eg: at the pitons)

The "regular" captain was on vacation for our cruise, and the substitute captain did the same thing. I think both these (Pitons and Monserrat) are the trademark of this particular cruise.

Archived