Some Vibe Pass Info

makdex

Just got off the Getaway last week and had Vibe passes I bought through the NCL phone number.  Just wanted to let everyone one know they are still given to you as a separate card with wrist bands.  They left them in an envelope in our cabin and were there on the first day when we got in the room.  Getaway vibe was huge taking up the old sun deck area and wrapping around to the front of the ship on the port side with only the front starboard side blocked off for Haven.  Plenty of deck chairs and just the 2 hot tubs.  Mostly empty the week we were on board with the only draw back was one of the days at sea we had a lot of wind blowing up there causing them to have no umbrellas and some of the chairs tied down.  Otherwise it was a nice escape from the crowded decks and bars and a great look out point to the front of the ship.

Edited by makdex
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Does anyone know if vibe is open upon embarkation (NCL Joy if it matters)?  If so,. and if you've pre-purchased, how do you access vibe if you want to go straight there before cabins are available?  Thanks in advance for any insight.

16 minutes ago, egurbi said:

Does anyone know if vibe is open upon embarkation (NCL Joy if it matters)?  If so,. and if you've pre-purchased, how do you access vibe if you want to go straight there before cabins are available?  Thanks in advance for any insight.

In my experience it's always been open upon embarkation, but that was when I purchased the pass at Headliners or guest services... Now, I guess that I'll have to sneak down to my cabin to get the card, as I normally board early...

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

In my experience it's always been open upon embarkation, but that was when I purchased the pass at Headliners or guest services... Now, I guess that I'll have to sneak down to my cabin to get the card, as I normally board early...

Would not be surprised if it's on your card that you receive at check in.   Like UBP and Dining Package are marked on your card.   As Sid can attest, after the first day the bartenders will know who has access and who doesn't!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, egurbi said:

We sailed on the Encore in July. The pre-sail purchase option was literally days old, so NCL may be adapting the process and fixing some obvious issues. That said, our Vibe access was programmed into our cabin keycards at check-in. Nothing was ever left in our stateroom and we had no shipboard proof we were Vibe members - except for the magic door opening keycard which is all I need or care about.  We visited the Vibe shortly after boarding and were met by the traditional friendly and welcoming staff. 

However, on our cruise the people who pre-purchased passes did not appear on the Vibe guest list sent to the bartenders each morning - only the people who purchased onboard were listed. I had to explain to a few Vibe staff (and show the email confirmation) that we really had purchased the Vibe and were not sneaking in. The “regular” Vibe staff recognized us and knew we had been coming in since the beginning, but the relief people had no record of us and were naturally suspicious (polite and friendly, but suspicious).  I mentioned the issue to the “regular” bartender who apologized profusely and said they realized it was a problem - our group was not the only one missing from the bartender’s list.  It was not an issue of concern or stress for me, and we resolved it by visiting guest services for wristbands. The visit to guest services required a supervisor to get involved because they could not readily

locate or verify my purchase. I showed them the email confirmation and explained I purchased passes thru my PCC the week prior. They finally found the purchase within their system and gave me the wristbands (and an admission that the new pre-purchase process had a few kinks in it).  

Perhaps they have fixed it as I suspect the pre-purchase patrons will soon outnumber the onboard purchasers, but on week one they had a few hiccups. Maybe wristbands in the cabins, at check-in or with the Vibe bartender going forward?  Not sure if it varies by ship, but my keycard worked immediately and nothing was ever left in the cabin.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MCMC100 said:

We sailed on the Encore in July. The pre-sail purchase option was literally days old, so NCL may be adapting the process and fixing some obvious issues. That said, our Vibe access was programmed into our cabin keycards at check-in. Nothing was ever left in our stateroom and we had no shipboard proof we were Vibe members - except for the magic door opening keycard which is all I need or care about.  We visited the Vibe shortly after boarding and were met by the traditional friendly and welcoming staff. 

However, on our cruise the people who pre-purchased passes did not appear on the Vibe guest list sent to the bartenders each morning - only the people who purchased onboard were listed. I had to explain to a few Vibe staff (and show the email confirmation) that we really had purchased the Vibe and were not sneaking in. The “regular” Vibe staff recognized us and knew we had been coming in since the beginning, but the relief people had no record of us and were naturally suspicious (polite and friendly, but suspicious).  I mentioned the issue to the “regular” bartender who apologized profusely and said they realized it was a problem - our group was not the only one missing from the bartender’s list.  It was not an issue of concern or stress for me, and we resolved it by visiting guest services for wristbands. The visit to guest services required a supervisor to get involved because they could not readily

locate or verify my purchase. I showed them the email confirmation and explained I purchased passes thru my PCC the week prior. They finally found the purchase within their system and gave me the wristbands (and an admission that the new pre-purchase process had a few kinks in it).  

Perhaps they have fixed it as I suspect the pre-purchase patrons will soon outnumber the onboard purchasers, but on week one they had a few hiccups. Maybe wristbands in the cabins, at check-in or with the Vibe bartender going forward?  Not sure if it varies by ship, but my keycard worked immediately and nothing was ever left in the cabin.  

Great information.  I'm sure they will improve the system as it progresses.  

12 hours ago, littlelulu01 said:

Thanks so much for the information. Do you know if Starbucks is available in the vibe? 

You can purchase Starbucks coffee from a machine in the buffet if you don’t want to travel all the way to deck 6 - the buffet is below the Vibe. You swipe your keycard and make your selection. The Vibe staff will get it for you as well, but that takes some time. 

2 minutes ago, MCMC100 said:

You can purchase Starbucks coffee from a machine in the buffet if you don’t want to travel all the way to deck 6 - the buffet is below the Vibe. You swipe your keycard and make your selection. The Vibe staff will get it for you as well, but that takes some time. 

Sorry…I was thinking of something else. I don’t know if the Vibe staff will bring you Starbucks. They were bringing us chowder and hot chocolate from the buffet not Starbucks. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kickbutt10 said:

Semi unrelated.  We are sailing on Encore next year.  We always buy Vibe passes.  I just watched a YouTube video of Vibe on Encore.  I do not see any umbrellas.  OP......were there umbrellas on Encore? or do I need to book a cabana?  TiA

They have umbrellas on the Encore. The Vibe staff puts them up/takes them down depending on wind speed.

The Encore Vibe is large….it takes up the sun deck space on deck 20 that is accessible to non-Vibe passengers on some other ships that I recall (Bliss and Escape). It’s very windy up there and umbrellas were a rarity on the upper deck. My best guess is they were closed slightly more than open due to wind on deck 19 - but I was on Encore in Alaska so it was not exactly a traditional sit-in-the-sun Vibe experience. 

10 hours ago, MCMC100 said:

They have umbrellas on the Encore. The Vibe staff puts them up/takes them down depending on wind speed.

The Encore Vibe is large….it takes up the sun deck space on deck 20 that is accessible to non-Vibe passengers on some other ships that I recall (Bliss and Escape). It’s very windy up there and umbrellas were a rarity on the upper deck. My best guess is they were closed slightly more than open due to wind on deck 19 - but I was on Encore in Alaska so it was not exactly a traditional sit-in-the-sun Vibe experience. 

Thank you so much.  The video sure doesn't show any (opened or closed) so I was perplexed.