Prima Cruise Director is:

YVRteacher

9 minutes ago, dcs1989 said:

Any word on Haven concierge?

Is "Haven" needed? It isn't like there is a non-Haven concierge onboard.

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

or the housekeeper on deck 7, inside cabin?

Might be funnier if there were inside cabins on deck 7. Or any cabins on deck 7.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Might be funnier if there were inside cabins on deck 7. Or any cabins on deck 7.

It is "needed" to maximize all the perks the haven has to offer and having that level of knowledge of the ship / ports to help with your bookings is invaluable.  Is it necessary to enjoy your cruise? Obviously not.  But it is a service provided to Haven bookings and you can definitely notice the difference between a good concierge and a bad concierge when you utilize one so it can make your cruise that much over the top if you have one of the best (which they usually put on the newer ships).  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dcs1989 said:

It is "needed" to maximize all the perks the haven has to offer and having that level of knowledge of the ship / ports to help with your bookings is invaluable.  Is it necessary to enjoy your cruise? Obviously not.  But it is a service provided to Haven bookings and you can definitely notice the difference between a good concierge and a bad concierge when you utilize one so it can make your cruise that much over the top if you have one of the best (which they usually put on the newer ships).  

You misunderstand...

Is is necessary to use the word "Haven" to describe the concierge? Not a question of whether or not the concierge is necessary. (Notice that I didn't have to say "Haven concierge" in that last sentence)

Instead of saying "Any word on the Haven concierge?", could someone just say "Any word on the concierge?"

It isn't like someone would ask the latter and the response would be "Which concierge?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

You misunderstand...

Is is necessary to use the word "Haven" to describe the concierge? Not a question of whether or not the concierge is necessary. (Notice that I didn't have to say "Haven concierge" in that last sentence)

Instead of saying "Any word on the Haven concierge?", could someone just say "Any word on the concierge?"

It isn't like someone would ask the latter and the response would be "Which concierge?"

Lol - your reaching.  It's not like its a tautology.  I personally like to be as clear as possible in an online setting.  

The better question would be was your response necessary?  You have a good day :).  Don't be so bitter :)!

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Unsurprisingly you miss the point. 🥳

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dcs1989 said:

Lol - your reaching.  It's not like its a tautology.  I personally like to be as clear as possible in an online setting.  

The better question would be was your response necessary?  You have a good day :).  Don't be so bitter :)!

Sure the response was necessary, but only to correct your obvious misunderstanding. 

Question, does everyone know what a butler is, or do I have to refer to them as "Haven butlers"?

And don't be so judgmental...people aren't as bitter as you assume.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Sure the response was necessary, but only to correct your obvious misunderstanding. 

Question, does everyone know what a butler is, or do I have to refer to them as "Haven butlers"?

And don't be so judgmental...people aren't as bitter as you assume.

The butler is the one who"always did it". Haven't you watched any murder mysteries?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, SeaShark said:

You misunderstand...

OMG,, 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Coastalbreezes said:

Alongside David will be Virginia Brotherton sharing concierge duties for a few months.

Others will disagree, but for us, the two worst we've ever encountered on NCL.  Well, maybe except Ruth but she left.

Where is Patrick when you need him?  Again, others will disagree.  At the end of the day, just shows inconsistency in the Haven and suites.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

Alongside David will be Virginia Brotherton sharing concierge duties for a few months.

Virginia is quite good, too!

Nice line up of Concierges on the ship, it seems….particularly given Adrian has left NCL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dexddd said:

Others will disagree, but for us, the two worst we've ever encountered on NCL.  Well, maybe except Ruth but she left.

Where is Patrick when you need him?  Again, others will disagree.  At the end of the day, just shows inconsistency in the Haven and suites.

I don't think we've ever had Virginia, but we have not had good experiences with David. We had one were he was "meh" and another where we looked at each other at the end of the cruise and asked what we did to him in order to make him so mean/unpleasant to us.

And as an FYI, we generally ask very little of the concierge. I take care of our reservations before we get on the ship and we only ask for some friendliness or maybe to change a reservation if it is needed. We got neither from him and our tip reflected that.

12 hours ago, dexddd said:

Meanwhile Patrick was always one of the most divisive concierges in terms of opinions here.  We didn’t like him at all!  😁

Some people are friendly with the Concierges, some are not.  Personally, I make it a point to engage in small talk and banter when I first board and meet the concierges.  Small thing, but I think they understand I'm not going to be a PITA to them. And, that I'm pretty genial.

It helps to say "please" and "thank you", too.  Just generally be polite.

All that has gone a long way in how I'm treated by the Concierges (and the Butlers, too).

• Like 2

On 8/11/2022 at 10:54 AM, brookie848 said:

I don't think we've ever had Virginia, but we have not had good experiences with David. We had one were he was "meh" and another where we looked at each other at the end of the cruise and asked what we did to him in order to make him so mean/unpleasant to us.

And as an FYI, we generally ask very little of the concierge. I take care of our reservations before we get on the ship and we only ask for some friendliness or maybe to change a reservation if it is needed. We got neither from him and our tip reflected that.

That's exactly our experience.  We don't normally ask anything of the concierge as we book online.  We first saw David in holding area in terminal where a lady and son were hugging him and you'd think it was his mother.

Once on ship, very few encounters from him but when we did it was a frown.

• Like 1