Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

32 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Jim, just had some surgery and I am fairly fixed to a chair for a few weeks, so looking forward to vicariously enjoying your cruise!

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic adventure!

Sorry to hear and hope you recover quickly.   I can tell you that after covid the only way I survived was getting my daily fix of Cruise Critic.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cruzzzinma said:

We thought sailing through Prince Christian Sound was a beautiful.

I'm looking forward to that.   Everything I've read says it is incredible.   Actually i'm really excited because except for Halifax we haven't been to any of the ports on the Greenland Cruises

I’ve been waiting for this 😀 Eager to read about the first leg as I would really like to do this cruise next year. We are just off our first Celebrity cruise on the Apex to the Baltic and had an amazing time - needless to say we are hooked. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to in Iceland, it’s my favourite holiday destination of all time. Hope you both have a fantastic trip.

30 minutes ago, gardenbunny said:

Absolutely loved our cruises to Greenland and Iceland in 2019.  In Greenland we did the hikes in Nanotalik, Qaqortog and Nuuk.  All 3 different scenery and terrain -  total of all 3 was 26 miles.  The cities are tiny to say the least but so unique.  

Reykjavik was amazing,  Easy city to walk around in - the church on top can be seen from everywhere.

We did the Golden Circle tour - Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall and did The Blue Lagoon - which was so much fun - setting is so pretty and water temp was amazing and relaxing.

Have a great time!

Since we enjoy walking we planned may of the hiking excursions and really look forward. 

Our only disappointment is that being on a B2B in Reykjavik we won't have enough time to do the Golden Circle.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scottishclover said:

I’ve been waiting for this 😀 Eager to read about the first leg as I would really like to do this cruise next year. We are just off our first Celebrity cruise on the Apex to the Baltic and had an amazing time - needless to say we are hooked. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to in Iceland, it’s my favourite holiday destination of all time. Hope you both have a fantastic trip.

How exciting.   We have not been on Apex yet but will be sailing her in May of 2023.  She looks like a beautiful ship.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Welcome Kevin -  You won the first poster award and get the best seat in the room.

Jim, if you can connect with Kevin, you will be fortunate.  When we did the Canada/New England cruise, he and his wife took us on a wonderful tour of PEI.  Both he and his wife are natives and we learned a lot from them.

• Like 4

I had this cruise booked twice back when it was 14 days each way and allowed time in Reykjavik.  Covid killed all that off.  Don't care for this new version as much, so I guess I will have to visit vicariously through your posts.  I hope you have a wonderful B3B and are able to stay on for all three legs!

• Like 2

Henrietta and I will be following along. Hopefully, you will have an uneventful B3B. We are looking forward to our Alaska cruise next month - haven’t sailed since our cruise with you on Millennium last October. Have a great time. 

Dianne

• Thanks 1

Here we go again on a Jim_Iain adventure. I'm getting excited for you guys.

Hey Jim, I'm anxious to get your take on Greenland and Iceland. You know the saying, "Greenland is icy and Iceland is green". Let me know if that's true. When I was a flight attendant (way back when) our airline flew into Iceland but I never got a chance to get one of those trips. Gonna be vicariously living through you guys for the next few weeks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Since we enjoy walking we planned may of the hiking excursions and really look forward. 

Our only disappointment is that being on a B2B in Reykjavik we won't have enough time to do the Golden Circle.

You may be in for a rare sight, an active volcano just erupted 20 miles southwest of Reykjavik.

• Thanks 1

Glad to see you back . I will be following along.  Nice ports and places we have never been to...wishing you happy sailing and good health

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1