Aeroplan and Air booked by a cruise line

ak1004

Hello fellow cruisers.

Next year will be our first time cruising on cruise lines that book air (Silversea). My question is: if the cruise line books the flights for me, do those flights count towards SQM and SQD Aeroplan elite status? Have to be AC flights of course.

Information on Silversea flights is available here, https://www.silversea.com/lp-air-program.html, including the following:

Q. Can I use frequent flyer miles to upgrade with Silversea?

A. Silversea books promotional fares with our airline partners, using miles to upgrade or pay for seats is up to the carrier to allow it or not and can change at any time. All of our fares are eligible to earn miles with the respective program, so be sure to provide this number, along with any Known Traveler numbers for TSA pre check to your travel professional.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

I can confirm that I earned points on my recent cruise-booked flight.  You will want to log into your Aeroplan account and add the booking so it will earn the miles, though.

Thank you very much! Did you earn the SQD as well, like with regular flights?

We recently experienced a seven hour delay on a one way Transat flight from Faro, Portugal to Toronto.  We claimed 600euro compensation each.  Transat has agreed to send us a cheque for $1570 to satisfy the claim for two tickets.

WHAT we found interesting is that this consumer protection extends to EU based carriers on flights from North America to Europe. 

So...if we had been delayed on our TAP flight from Toronto-Lisbon/Madeira this compensation schedule would have been applicable.

For us this is an incentive to book (and be ticketed)  with EU carriers such as KLM, Lufthansa, TAP, etc rather than AC or other NA based carriers.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 2