Coffee and bottled water?

bundtkate

I am traditionally an RCI cruiser so I'm used to water and non-Starbucks specialty coffee being included in the drinks package and it seems that's not the case for the FAS package on NCL. I know you can get both specialty coffee and bottled water with the Premium Plus package, but I'm not interested in the extra included alcohol so that upgrade really isn't worth it. I noticed you can get a Starbucks package to cover coffee, but seems that does not cover water even at Starbucks and I did not find any sort of addon for water or non-Starbucks coffee. Am I missing anything? In my perfect universe, I'd like to add on something that lets me grab specialty coffee and bottled water from any bar instead of having to go to Starbucks, so I want to make sure I'm not overlooking an option before grabbing the Starbucks package and accepting that I'll have to pony up for water as needed.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bundtkate said:

I am traditionally an RCI cruiser so I'm used to water and non-Starbucks specialty coffee being included in the drinks package and it seems that's not the case for the FAS package on NCL. I know you can get both specialty coffee and bottled water with the Premium Plus package, but I'm not interested in the extra included alcohol so that upgrade really isn't worth it. I noticed you can get a Starbucks package to cover coffee, but seems that does not cover water even at Starbucks and I did not find any sort of addon for water or non-Starbucks coffee. Am I missing anything? In my perfect universe, I'd like to add on something that lets me grab specialty coffee and bottled water from any bar instead of having to go to Starbucks, so I want to make sure I'm not overlooking an option before grabbing the Starbucks package and accepting that I'll have to pony up for water as needed.

image.png.930486d44e4f04af0700ddee2f808799.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, roomba920 said:

Keep in mind this water company is owned by Jaden Smith (son of Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith). Make of this info what you will.

What should we make of this? (I don’t think I’ve heard of any of these people).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bundtkate said:

You can only get the speciality coffee from

certain places, so you will struggle to get one from any bar regardless of the package. In many bars you would be reliant on someone going to Starbucks to get it for you. I don’t know how likely that is to happen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

What should we make of this? (I don’t think I’ve heard of any of these people).

You've never heard of Will Smith?  He slapped comedian Chris Rock at this year's Oscars.  His movies over the past 25+ years have a combined gross of over six billion dollars.  He also had a string of nine consecutive movies that bypassed 100 million each.  Jada Pickett Smith is his wife, who was the center of the joke that Chris Rock spewed at the Oscars that caused Will Smith to jump out of his seat, run up to the stage and slap him.

7 hours ago, roomba920 said:

Keep in mind this water company is owned by Jaden Smith (son of Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith). Make of this info what you will.

What does that have to do with anything???

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Starbucks package?????

It's a new offering from NCL as of two'ish weeks ago. 

Here's a press release: https://cruisespotlight.com/norwegian-introduces-unlimited-starbucks-package/#:~:text=What does Norwegian's Unlimited Starbucks,Starbucks Refreshers you can drink. 

7 hours ago, roomba920 said:

Methinks there's an underlying tone of....iscm? Maybe I'm wrong. but I bet I'm right.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

You've never heard of Will Smith?  He slapped comedian Chris Rock at this year's Oscars.  His movies over the past 25+ years have a combined gross of over six billion dollars.  He also had a string of nine consecutive movies that bypassed 100 million each.  Jada Pickett Smith is his wife, who was the center of the joke that Chris Rock spewed at the Oscars that caused Will Smith to jump out of his seat, run up to the stage and slap him.

Ok, I think I may have heard of him, and I remember something about someone hitting someone else. I really don’t follow any of that stuff.

How does that affect the water? (Genuine question, as I assume you mentioned it for a reason).

22 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Ok, I think I may have heard of him, and I remember something about someone hitting someone else. I really don’t follow any of that stuff.

How does that affect the water? (Genuine question, as I assume you mentioned it for a reason).

I wasn't the one that originally mentioned it, I was just gobsmacked that you never heard of Will Smith across the pond.  Six billion in box office and you think you may have heard of him.  SMH

32 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Thanks for the link.  340.00 for the two of us over our 11 days for upgraded coffee is a bit much.  That's what makes the packages on Carnival, Celebrity and Princess better.  No Starbucks, but included espresso based coffee drinks as well as unlimited San Pellegrino.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

I wasn't the one that originally mentioned it, I was just gobsmacked that you never heard of Will Smith across the pond.  Six billion in box office and you think you may have heard of him.  SMH

Sorry, I just assumed you were the original poster. 🙂

I’m really not interested in all that celebrity stuff (and rarely take any notice of who is starring in films). There are probably people a lot more famous than this bloke that I haven’t heard of. 🙂

Out of interest I just looked on IMDb at his filmography. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a film he’s in, and have only heard of Men in Black. I’m not really all that into films either it seems. 🙂 Actually, was King Richard the one about the Williams? If so I’ve heard of that too.

I think we may be breaking new ground in off topic here. 🙂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Actually, was King Richard the one about the Williams? I

Yes.

Back to the topic - @CruizinSusan70 - agreed! I wouldn't buy it either. On the last cruise I just had Free at Sea. This time around Free at Sea Plus so I will have unlimited SBUX and anything else (except milkshakes, woe is me)...I'm not a huge drinker so I plan on having at least a couple SBUX refreshers per day and a Frappuccino. Only because it's included in my upgrade package. I'll also have a ton of whatever free sparkling water there is. And a few alcoholic drinks, probably like 2 per day. I think I'll get my money's worth from the upgrade. 

If not for the upgrade, I'd have zero SBUX. That's what I had on my last cruise. 

I suppose if one were to normally order a couple SBUX drinks per day, then they might be able to get their money's worth with this package. I'm just really worried about how long the lines are going to be at the kiosk.

11 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

That's what makes the packages on Carnival, Celebrity and Princess better.  No Starbucks, but included espresso based coffee drinks as well as unlimited San Pellegrino.

This is the thing making me miss RCI. Their deluxe beverage package includes specialty coffee at their own cafe as well as cans of water which meant we had everything we needed with just the DBP. It was nice giving no thought at all to what were ordering. But, we're paying a grand total of $600 for FAS PBP for the both of us for a 14-day cruise with NCL so I'm only gonna whine a teeny bit. 😉

On 8/4/2022 at 6:34 PM, scooter6139 said:

And/or add the Flow water package in 6, 12 or 24 liters.  

I have literally no idea how I missed this. I would have sworn to you the other day that this was absolutely not a thing, but as soon as I read your reply I looked in the app and there it is. Thank you! I wouldn't have checked again if no one mentioned it so I appreciate you pointing out the obvious (to everyone not me anyway 😬)

Thanks, y'all! I defs think I'm grabbing the big water package. We'll see about Starbucks. Despite my coffee problem, I'm not sure we would drink $30 worth of coffee per day. On the bright side of not sailing RCI, at least the package won't get more expensive while I'm thinking about it. 🙈

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Are you implying that you're not a fan of RCI's Dynamic Pricing policy?

At least it means things can get cheaper if you catch a sale! I bought the Refreshment package for my first RCI cruise last December for $20/day during one of their sales. 

I’ve tried RCI once and although I prefer NCL overall, when it comes to drink package options RCI is vastly better. 

For my next NCL cruise (12 day transatlantic) I’ve got the new Starbucks package as well as the standard PBP. Curious to discover which I’ll use more, and I do plan to maintain a tracking spreadsheet!

On 8/5/2022 at 8:33 AM, CruizinSusan70 said:

Not everyone is an American.  Why would non-Americans know about Oscars?

How many Swiss, Japanese, or Argentinian movie star's wives and their antics do you keep track of? 

1 minute ago, pdmlynek said:

Not everyone is an American.  Why would non-Americans know about Oscars?

How many Swiss, Japanese, or Argentinian movie star's wives and their antics do you keep track of? 

Hmmm, Dame Judi Dench, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Liam Neeson, Idris Elba, Michael Caine, Sean Connery, Kenneth Branagh...non-Brit here and I know about them, academy awards included.  Point is just because one is non- American or any other nationality, does not mean we don't know about their awesome "exports". 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, bundtkate said:

Thanks, y'all! I defs think I'm grabbing the big water package. We'll see about Starbucks. Despite my coffee problem, I'm not sure we would drink $30 worth of coffee per day. On the bright side of not sailing RCI, at least the package won't get more expensive while I'm thinking about it. 🙈

Also, you can use the Starbucks app or card on the ship.  I just load mine up before boarding with what I guesstimate I will spend.  You do earn their reward Stars on the ship but cannot redeem them while on board.

3 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Also, you can use the Starbucks app or card on the ship.  I just load mine up before boarding with what I guesstimate I will spend.  You do earn their reward Stars on the ship but cannot redeem them while on board.

oh good to know... i guess in a way this route may be better for those of us who do not need the "3 a day" coffee fix to break even. And still able to accumulate starbucks stars is a plus. i am pretty sure while the package is unlimited starbucks but you cannot accumulate stars... and 3 starbucks a day for each of 2 persons  for everyday is many caffeine... lol. i wonder if this is for every ship... we will be on the Joy