Recent experience with Flights by Celebrity

Susanb10567

3 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I know that stinks, but your third party travel insurance would cover any non-refundable costs associated with this situation.

I trust all will work out in the end and nothing has to be cancelled...

Good luck and bon voyage

Thanks for sharing that information. I was wondering about that and actually tried to call them but right now they are to busy dealing with actually trip delay/trip cancellations to worry about helping someone who 'might' experience one. That does help!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kimberlydrzymala said:

Thanks for sharing that information. I was wondering about that and actually tried to call them but right now they are to busy dealing with actually trip delay/trip cancellations to worry about helping someone who 'might' experience one. That does help!

Personally, pending on how you contracted your insurance, I would not worry about it until day after missing or delay of any departure flight.

Please remember to keep scrupulous records from emails and screen shots/printouts from when flights were canceled and notes as to discussions about any new flights offered or recommended by you and of course the receipts from pre-payments and email correspondence for any cancellations.

Ask your insurance broker to assist, if need be.

The insurance company will be more interested and wanting documentation supporting the missed/cancelled flights which caused the financial loss.

It could be that the first flight (if multiple) gets going yet connecting flights can be the challenge...

I think, in the end, all will be well and everyone will have a relaxing trip, overall, regardless of the stress leading up to it... the cruise, hopefully, will be the icing on the cake of it all...

Good luck and bon voyage

Thinking of booking our first cruise since Covid.

Question :

Anyone have experience booking Air Canada flights with Celebrity Air to Fort Lauderdale/Miami  ?

I hear that the price is lower booking the same flights with Celebrity Air rather than directly with Air Canada.

Am I missing something ?

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

Question :

Anyone have experience booking Air Canada flights with Celebrity Air to Fort Lauderdale/Miami  ?

I hear that the price is lower booking the same flights with Celebrity Air rather than directly with Air Canada.

Am I missing something ?

Celebrity is currently running a save-$500-on-flights promotion on many sailings.  They also give you the advantage of not having to purchase the tickets until the final payment for the cruise is due which is nice in case you have to cancel the cruise.

I have read at least two CC-ers who mentioned that they could not get their Air Canada seats assigned at the time of booking their air thru FBC.  I think the seats get assigned when the tickets are actually purchased and issued.  FBC's fine print says that this is a possibility depending on the airline.  

There are several recent threads that document problems with FBC especially when the airline cancels your flight and/or reschedules you on a less favorable set of flights after you original tickets have been issued.  You have to sort it out with FBC which requires a phone call (and long wait times) and even then FBC will tell you that they have to file a change request with the airline which can take up to 30 days (!).

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Question :

Am I missing something ?

We booked with FBC for return flight to FLL Aug.27/Sept.8. both Air Canada and both direct. Outbound still o.k. but return flight now via Chicago with a 45 minute connection time. Never been to O’Hare but not too confident about making the connecting flight. Just had knee operation so running out of the question.
Air Canada still showing direct flight on their schedule but with all the cancellations, who knows what will happen.

1 hour ago, Tealing said:

We booked with FBC for return flight to FLL Aug.27/Sept.8. both Air Canada and both direct. Outbound still o.k. but return flight now via Chicago with a 45 minute connection time. Never been to O’Hare but not too confident about making the connecting flight. Just had knee operation so running out of the question.
Air Canada still showing direct flight on their schedule but with all the cancellations, who knows what will happen.

First I will book a cruise-- then, probably pay the extra and book directly with Air Canada.

I don't want to take chances and end up in Chicago for 19 hrs, then have our connecting flight cancelled , and my luggage end up inTokyo. 

I would be the guy in the dining room wearing the same clothes all week.

Pas pour moi---- Not for me.