Questions re boat tenders

IpswichChris

We are booked on the Wind Surf for our first ever cruise next May, so have many rookie questions!  Our itinerary is Venice to Rome, several stops along the Adriatic coast, and mostly stopping in small-ish ports where apparently you can easily walk into the towns.  Can we expect that we can come and go to the port sites a couple of times a day?  How often do the boat tenders run...is it a continuous shuttle or do they wait until they have a certain number of passengers?  Just trying to understand if it's reasonable to expect that we would take a morning excursion, go back to the ship, and then head back into town in the afternoon if we felt like it.

Hi IpswichChris, This is Manchester-by-the -Sea Strenz. Thé tenders have no schedule they go back and forth all day long, usually there are two. Very common off in the morning, back for a great lunch and off again. Enjoy. Wind Surf is our favorite ship. We love it. Always makes me think of sailing my entire life in and out of Manchester Harbor. We loved that trip you are going on. The sail out of Venice is extraordinarily beautiful. Perhaps my favorite. Happy Sailing  

13 hours ago, Strenz said:

Hi IpswichChris, This is Manchester-by-the -Sea Strenz. Thé tenders have no schedule they go back and forth all day long, usually there are two. Very common off in the morning, back for a great lunch and off again. Enjoy. Wind Surf is our favorite ship. We love it. Always makes me think of sailing my entire life in and out of Manchester Harbor. We loved that trip you are going on. The sail out of Venice is extraordinarily beautiful. Perhaps my favorite. Happy Sailing  

Great - sounds really good.  We were going to take this trip in Sept., but ended up postponing again. 

We were at Manchester Harbor on a friend's boat a few weeks ago - pretty place!  Thanks again for the info.

• Like 1

Originally we were sailing September 2021, postponed until May 2022 and postponed yet again until September 2022. We are touring Italy for 3 weeks on our own before the Venice sail away. 

in our experience the tenders run all

day. One will leave the ship at the same time one leaves the dock. We are looking forward to exploring almost all the stops on our own. 

We love Windstar and Wind Surf is our favorite!