Question: Celebrity Reflection

TampaGambler

Reflection has the original Michael's Club, which substitutes for the Retreat Lounge. Besides the decor the biggest difference between the two is the lack of a mini buffet in Michel's Club. You won't find a display of food items and instead there's late afternoon canapes served on a small tray for a limited hour each night. Other than the afternoon canapes (literally one tray of crudities) there is no food or snacks served in Michael's Club, not even Bar mix. There is, however, three very large refrigerated cases that hold various cold drinks, both alcoholic and non. All are available self serve, unlimited. 

There is supposedly a remodel of Michael's Club to the new Retreat Lounge standard coming this Fall during the drydock.  

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Reflection has the original Michael's Club, which substitutes for the Retreat Lounge. Besides the decor the biggest difference between the two is the lack of a mini buffet in Michel's Club. You won't find a display of food items and instead there's late afternoon canapes served on a small tray for a limited hour each night. Other than the afternoon canapes (literally one tray of crudities) there is no food or snacks served in Michael's Club, not even Bar mix. There is, however, three very large refrigerated cases that hold various cold drinks, both alcoholic and non. All are available self serve, unlimited. 

There is supposedly a remodel of Michael's Club to the new Retreat Lounge standard coming this Fall during the drydock.  

Thank you very much for the reply and pictures...

We were trying to get on the Apex or Beyond over thanksgiving, but it appears the retreat is fully booked, we need two rooms (one for 4 people and one for 3). We saw the Reflection was available, but being a slightly older ship, I wasn't sure how nice the retreat area was compared to newer ships. 

The Reflection does not have the Retreat Sun Deck.  Michael’s Club/Retreat Lounge when we’re were on was at peak times ( late afternoon -early evening) very crowded.  It has large overstuffed chairs making moving around difficult.

The absolute best thing in there is the bartender Cranston. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Source, please?

I was told this by the Retreat host's when I was on the Reflection back in February, and there have been numerous threads here on CC with people who sailed on the Reflection this year saying the same thing. Is it a 100% done deal?  No, there's no posted 'official' statement from Celebrity themselves, which is why I used the word supposedly.  

9 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I was told this by the Retreat host's when I was on the Reflection back in February, and there have been numerous threads here on CC with people who sailed on the Reflection this year saying the same thing.

I ask because this would nominally only occur during the "Revolution", and that won't be happening in October, nor probably in January 2023 when it was originally scheduled, either.

21 minutes ago, TampaGambler said:

We were trying to get on the Apex or Beyond over thanksgiving, but it appears the retreat is fully booked, we need two rooms (one for 4 people and one for 3). We saw the Reflection was available, but being a slightly older ship, I wasn't sure how nice the retreat area was compared to newer ships. 

The Refection as a whole is in excellent condition. After sailing on the Edge and Apex I was concerned about being on an older ship. The ship is immaculate. As for the Michaels's Club/The Retreat you can see for yourself what the current lounge looks like. It's dark with a traditional 'Clubby' atmosphere. If the rumored renovation does indeed happen in the October drydock, the space will look much brighter and modern. Here is a photo of the same space on the Silhouette, which had it's Michael's Club renovated to the Retreat Lounge. 

cw6.jpg?itok=s-fpIzLTimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnZxp9iPv-si_sZRYU-kd

• Like 2

Reflection ends its Italy, Croatia & Montenegro on October 12th in Rome. The next cruise is the Transatlantic from Barcelona on October 31st. There is a dry dock, but doubtful that’s long enough to complétele “Revolutionize” the ship.

13 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

Reflection ends its Italy, Croatia & Montenegro on October 12th in Rome. The next cruise is the Transatlantic from Barcelona on October 31st. There is a dry dock, but doubtful that’s long enough to complétele “Revolutionize” the ship.

Not only is there not enough time, they revolutionizing is very expensive and they are still losing$$$

13 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

The rumors were never about a total Revolution of the Reflection, only that Michael's Club would be renovated during the two week dry dock.

22 minutes ago, Jazzbo said:

Ends the 17th, in Rome.  

On 8/6/2022 at 1:19 PM, kwokpot said:

The rumors were never about a total Revolution of the Reflection, only that Michael's Club would be renovated during the two week dry dock.

Will they also turn the Solstice Deck into a suite sun deck? That would be sad indeed for everyone on the TA who might be planning on using it but aren't in suites. Celebrity has beautiful ships, not so crazy about their business model - lots of upcharges, "exclusive" stuff for this and that, cutting up the observation lounge for one big new suite, etc.

On 8/6/2022 at 12:58 PM, kwokpot said:

The Refection as a whole is in excellent condition. After sailing on the Edge and Apex I was concerned about being on an older ship. The ship is immaculate. As for the Michaels's Club/The Retreat you can see for yourself what the current lounge looks like. It's dark with a traditional 'Clubby' atmosphere. If the rumored renovation does indeed happen in the October drydock, the space will look much brighter and modern. Here is a photo of the same space on the Silhouette, which had it's Michael's Club renovated to the Retreat Lounge. 

cw6.jpg?itok=s-fpIzLTimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnZxp9iPv-si_sZRYU-kd

Michael's Club looks more comfortable.  Low chairs and even lower tables is impractical, if perhaps stylish. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, D C said:

Michael's Club looks more comfortable.  Low chairs and even lower tables is impractical, if perhaps stylish. 

My comments from long ago on the Hoppen retreat furniture: 

If it requires extreme gymnastics or another's assistance for a person to extract themselves from a couch or chair, somebody missed the mark on the demographic.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

If it requires extreme gymnastics or another's assistance for a person to extract themselves from a couch or chair, somebody missed the mark on the demographic.

Indeed.  Kelly Hoppen seems to be a bit too much a disciple of Fernando Llamas, i.e., "it is better to look good than to feel good."

On 8/6/2022 at 11:37 AM, jelayne said:

The absolute best thing in there is the bartender Cranston. 

Cranston is the Manston!

We are also looking into booking this cruise for Thanksgiving and hope the actually revolutionize the buffet area first. In the end as long as the ship is clean and well maintained we should be fine. Same here love the Edge class and scared to go back to older ship not revolutionize. 

sea ya 

Eric

9 hours ago, nimiq said:

We are also looking into booking this cruise for Thanksgiving and hope the actually revolutionize the buffet area first. In the end as long as the ship is clean and well maintained we should be fine. Same here love the Edge class and scared to go back to older ship not revolutionize. 

sea ya 

Eric

The buffet is fine on the Reflection. Honestly the only place I would have liked to see updated is Michael's Club/the Retreat Lounge.