WHY the big goal to become Pinacle ?? ..

I have a question .. and please know I am not attempting to start WWIII ... just truly interested. Why is the desire of so many to become Pinacle?? Not being wise or fresh .. purely curious. btw . my husband and I have been Diamond Plus since the program began .. and we're happy where we are .. and have points that could very well make us Pinacle in the near future but that's not our goal. The perks of Diamond Plus are really not much different when Pinacle is reached. I see so many here stirivng for Pinacle and I truly do not understand the 'whys' ...do tell!!  Thank you!!  This was from my post on FB where I first asked .. thanks!

34 Comments
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SpekiTrout said:
I have a question .. and please know I am not attempting to start WWIII ... just truly interested. Why is the desire of so many to become Pinacle?? Not being wise or fresh .. purely curious. btw . my husband and I have been Diamond Plus since the program began .. and we're happy where we are .. and have points that could very well make us Pinacle in the near future but that's not our goal. The perks of Diamond Plus are really not much different when Pinacle is reached. I see so many here stirivng for Pinacle and I truly do not understand the 'whys' ...do tell!!  Thank you!!  This was from my post on FB where I first asked .. thanks!

34 Comments

Come on admit it you have pinnacle envoy. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

With that argument, why does anyone try to achieve anything? Pinnacle is a mark in time to which you progressively take a rung up a ladder. When you reach the top it is an accomplishment. For those who cruise often it is a pleasant glow rewarded by a free cruise, some extra perks. Satisfaction. 😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SpekiTrout said:

34 Comments

Some people like to wear cheap nametags.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 31

14 minutes ago, poocher said:

I didn’t know there was a a pinnacle Envoy?!?  Where are they located?😄😄

I won't even blame spell check for that. That's all me. Sounds political. 😂 I'll correct that to read, pinnacle envy. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Yes, but there seams to but alot more with double points

The real "problem" for the double points isn't new Pinnacles, it's new Diamonds which may force RCCL to change their C&A program.   Think about it, 8 free drinks per couple per day.  That's 56 free drinks every 7 night cruise.  That's a big financial hit in cost and income lost for RCCL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

The real "problem" for the double points isn't new Pinnacles, it's new Diamonds which may force RCCL to change their C&A program.   Think about it, 8 free drinks per couple per day.  That's 56 free drinks every 7 night cruise.  That's a big financial hit in cost and income lost for RCCL.

In the grand scheme of things it is a small cost to keep guests loyal especially in todays world where loyalty is becoming rare.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, hotsauce126 said:

Some people seem to have a sense of pride about their cruise line loyalty status for whatever reason

I thought it was more like rcl hates carnival and acts all superior and looks down their nose, and carnival says rcl is no fun and hates back. 

All sorts of people think they are superior. Not just pinnacle jealousy.

16 minutes ago, yogimax said:

That is true.  We've been D+ for a few years.  Attaining D also took a few years, but we  did a 20 night b2b in April in a JS.  That gave us 80 points, enough for D.  

Edited by BND

I'm looking forward to being pinnacle later this year so I can at last be in the position for the hat trick of being denied access to the concierge lounge (first diamond, now diamond plus and you know it'll catch up to the pinnacles as soon as I get there 😉 )

Edited by beardedladies
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

I'm looking forward to being pinaccle later this year so I can at last be in the position for the hat trick of being denied access to the concierge lounge (first diamond, now diamond plus and you know it's catch up to the pinaccles as soon as I get there 😉 )

Only a few CL's left.  We were on EN in April and again in July and D+ and Pinns have access to the CL.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 1