Keys/entry on new Breeze, Legend and Pride

zentraveler

What is the entry system like after Star Plus? Same credit card type keys? Something else like wearables ? Going to be on the Legend in October and have an card holder for the credit card ones from and earlier trip. 

2 hours ago, new_cruiser said:

They are card keys - chip, not magnetic. They will fit your holder from earlier trips. 

Thanks new_cruiser.We just got off of a Princess cruise where we had an electronic "medallion" on a lanyard which I have to say, was incredibly convenient. All I had to do was have it anywhere on my person, walk up to the door and it recognized me and unlocked the door. Nice read out on the e-panel outside our door which also allowed for "do not disturb" and "make up our room".

But it looks like we will be back to key cards on a cruise that will cost x3. But I do love Windstar and will open the door in whatever way works.

1 hour ago, zentraveler said:

Thanks new_cruiser.We just got off of a Princess cruise where we had an electronic "medallion" on a lanyard which I have to say, was incredibly convenient.

You think "convenient".  I think intrusive.

The system is designed to track the movements of EVERY guest onboard.  It knows when you enter a venue, where you are, when you leave and more.  And all of that data gets stored in your personal profile.

If you don't care about that level of surveillance, go ahead and be convenient.  I'll say "no thank you Princess".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

You think "convenient".  I think intrusive.

The system is designed to track the movements of EVERY guest onboard.  It knows when you enter a venue, where you are, when you leave and more.  And all of that data gets stored in your personal profile.

If you don't care about that level of surveillance, go ahead and be convenient.  I'll say "no thank you Princess".

I consider myself a bit of a privacy nut and am amazed I did not think of this but you are right FlyerTalker; it is incredibly creepy, although mostly what they will find out about me is that I am not a very exciting cruiser from their point of view. And a trade off I will have to make if I want to cruise out of a port that is 5 miles from my house in the middle of SF. Princess and Carnival are the only 2 cruise lines that seem to use this as a start and end point.