Question on 'Certificate of Recovery' instead of pre-cruise COVID test

Eight_Paws

Hello all--

I have COVID currently, and have a Celebrity cruise coming up in a month.  On their web site it appears that if you have tested positive 11-90 days prior to sailing, and have a 'certificate of recovery', that you don't have to get the pre-cruise antigen test.

Does anyone have experience going this route?

Thanks,  Lisa

Hi,

Yes.  My wife and I came down with Covid in early June.  We were better in time for our cruise on July 2nd.    We required a positive PCR test, which we got on June 14th.  After recovery, we got letters from our physician a week before our flight to Barcelona on the 26th.  When we checked into the ship, they looked at our vaccination record and the COR.  No problems.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Random Cruizer said:

So just to be clear, if I had covid in June, I don't even need a new test for my cruise Saturday?  I had a positive test back then--I just need proof of that, and a COR from the doctor, and I'm good to go this weekend?

Correct. I had Covid in June. No need for a new test for my cruise in July.

• Like 1

Check the FAQ page there are very specific requirements for the COR. Below is part of it

A Certificate of Recovery must meet the following requirements: 

• Be on official letterhead from a healthcare provider, public health official or telehealth provider showing:
    1. The Provider’s name
    2. The Provider’s address
    3. The Provider’s phone number
    4. Confirmation of your recovery and completion of isolation
  • Be typed (not handwritten) and signed by the provide
  • Date of validity must extend throughout the duration of your cruise
  • Include a positive result document for a COVID-19 test, either PCR or Antigen test, taken a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your U.S. cruise; or, a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 180 days for European and Australia/New Zealand sailings.
Edited by JuliaMS
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the information on your experiences!  Not fun having COVID, but that does remove one complicating factor of needing to find a COVD testing location after flying into the embarkation city.   My cruise is to Alaska and includes a stop in Canada, but I know the ArriveCAN app/process does not require a negative COVID test for vaccinated travelers (at least, arrival by air.. hopefully the same applies to arrival by cruise ship!).

Lisa

• …..Include a positive result document for a COVID-19 test, either PCR or Antigen test, taken a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your U.S. cruise; or, a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 180 days for European and Australia/New Zealand sailings….

What about Transatlantics going West this Fall, starting in Europe - would they qualify as “European” sailings with maximum of 180 days ?

3 hours ago, whirlybird3 said:

How about back to back cruise COVID testing requirement to test?  Will the COR apply? 

I was told by Corporate that you will need to be tested for B2B but if you are Positive your COR will cover you if the destination countries on the second cruise accept them.    Some countries only allow COR with PCR while others accept both.  

I'll let you know in about a week when we get to Greenland.   I presented both a negative Covid and a COR and the agent just looked at it and said OK didn't even take a picture of either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No COVID related restrictions for Greenland or Iceland.   They won’t care about the vaccinations, COR or test results.   Same applies for Iceland.   Since you are only hitting one port in Greenland, you won’t need to worry about any remote village restrictions (Inuit, etc.).

10 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

No COVID related restrictions for Greenland or Iceland.   They won’t care about the vaccinations, COR or test results.   Same applies for Iceland.   Since you are only hitting one port in Greenland, you won’t need to worry about any remote village restrictions (Inuit, etc.).

Yes but on both cruises we stop in Canada that officially require a PCR test and don't accept Antigen with COR.  At least that's what a number of Canadians keep pointing out.  

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

I'm in the same boat. Have an Alaska cruise departing from Vancouver 11Sept.   Just read the requirements for the COR....I did a home test so I don't have what's required for official documentation.  Dodged this for over 2.5 years...ugh.  Anyone out there that actually got a COR with only a home test and have it accepted at the pier?

• Like 1

I hope for you someone has tried it.  But I was almost in your situation.  Fortunately we did another home test a few days later to see if we were negative yet and we were not!  That was Juky 29.  So we went that day to CVS and got our positive tests.  We have video calls with our doctor tomorrow to get the COR.

We leave August 21 from Vancouver
Good luck - I hope this will all be over soon

• Like 2

On 8/10/2022 at 12:29 PM, gardenbunny said:

I hope for you someone has tried it.  But I was almost in your situation.  Fortunately we did another home test a few days later to see if we were negative yet and we were not!  That was Juky 29.  So we went that day to CVS and got our positive tests.  We have video calls with our doctor tomorrow to get the COR.

We leave August 21 from Vancouver
Good luck - I hope this will all be over soon

Me too and thank you!  I’m going to try and do that this week.  Have a video chat with my doc next week.  Did another home test and still positive.