Best Way From LA Union Station to San Pedro Cruiseport?

The Mikado

Hallelujah!

NCL says that vaccines are no longer required although testing is. That’s good enough for me.

We are coming down from the central coast where we live into the train station in Los Angeles. What’s the best way to get from the train station to the cruise port in San Pedro? We typically sail only out of San Francisco but the cruising there is still limited.

Thanks in advance for all the answers. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Mikado said:

NCL says that vaccines are no longer required although testing is. That’s good enough for me.

Yes and no. While NCL isn't requiring vaccines after Sept 3rd, there are several countries like Antiqua, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, Greece, and Spain that all still do and you will not be able to board a cruise that goes to any of those countries, even if its just a stopover, without the full vaccination course. 

18 hours ago, The Mikado said:

We are coming down from the central coast where we live into the train station in Los Angeles. What’s the best way to get from the train station to the cruise port in San Pedro? We typically sail only out of San Francisco but the cruising there is still limited.

Uber or Lyft are your best bet. UberX is about $40 and Lyft is similar. 

12 hours ago, The Mikado said:

Thanks.

I was wondering if there was a shuttle of some kind but it appears not. Lyft it is. 

No shuttle, but if you don't have much luggage you could take the Blue Line subway to its end in Long Beach, then uber or lyft from there.

51 minutes ago, The Mikado said:

Eh, not too fond of taking public transportation in LA. Is the Blue Line any cleaner than normal? We both carry rolling duffles as our only luggage. 

I've only used the modern LA subways a few times, but I found them much cleaner than NYC subways.

There is probably very little traffic between Union Station and the Cruise Port (traffic mean people wanting to go from one to the other) that a dedicated shuttle would surely be a money loser.