Rock Star vs Mega Rockstar regarding restaurants

lilyozma

We have done the Mega Rockstar experience and are thinking of doing Rockstar.  While the Mega provides much, what we enjoyed was being able to be booked into different restaurants on the same night.  Having an appetizer in one and main meal in another was delightful!  Do Rockstars have this experience as a guarantee?  I know some people have agents that go out of their way to do more.  We prefer to just buy into the experiences we want and not just hope for more.  Thanks in advance!

I don't think anything is every "guaranteed" when it comes to restaurant reservations, but I believe what you are describing is actually open to anyone on the ship, you can make reservations in person at a restaurant same day you are already holding reservation for another.  We definitely did that as regular rockstars, but don't think that status had anything to do with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drewdawg199 said:

I don't think anything is every "guaranteed" when it comes to restaurant reservations, but I believe what you are describing is actually open to anyone on the ship, you can make reservations in person at a restaurant same day you are already holding reservation for another.  We definitely did that as regular rockstars, but don't think that status had anything to do with it.

Agree with this... and while we did not personally take advantage of this, I love the idea of this and will take advantage of it next time we cruise with VV!

On 8/9/2022 at 12:49 PM, lilyozma said:

We have done the Mega Rockstar experience and are thinking of doing Rockstar.  While the Mega provides much, what we enjoyed was being able to be booked into different restaurants on the same night.  Having an appetizer in one and main meal in another was delightful!  Do Rockstars have this experience as a guarantee?  I know some people have agents that go out of their way to do more.  We prefer to just buy into the experiences we want and not just hope for more.  Thanks in advance!

That's not a perk of being a rockstar, anyone can arrange two different restaurants for the same night. You have to do this in person if you don't have a Rockstar Agent. Guest Services or the dining captains can arrange this for anyone.

This is one reason we would not sail in a suite for any future sailings, there's not enough 'value' in being a 'Rockstar' over a Sailor. We had a Cheeky Corner Suite for our sailing primarily because of the 200% FCC when our first pandemic cruise was cancelled. While it was nice having the in-cabin bar, the best perk of the entire trip was the private golf cart at Bimini because those trams are so bad on the roads. Richard's Rooftop we barely used because it's 98% sun when the ship is moving, those umbrellas are useless when it's moving. And there are no restaurants perks because every restaurant is included for everyone vs. a 'suite only' restaurant. Sure the 'rockstar agent' was a nice to have, but honestly the staff on the ship was so amenable, we really didn't need it. 

On the other 7 cruise lines we've sailed being a suite comes with the added perks of specific restaurants, lounges and other added benefits. But with VV including so much for all Sailors, the differences are minimal. So moving forward we'll be sailing in a Sea Terrace unless VV has a ridiculous sale on Suites. 

• Like 2

Thanks Walter!  Such a good observation and appreciated!  One question...we have a cheeky corner for a TA.  What is the wind like when at sea?  I didn't realize we get a bar set up.  Is that part of the suite?  Guess I need to do some more research!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davidnkim said:

Thanks Walter!  Such a good observation and appreciated!  One question...we have a cheeky corner for a TA.  What is the wind like when at sea?  I didn't realize we get a bar set up.  Is that part of the suite?  Guess I need to do some more research!

In the Caribbean in December, there was minimal breeze because the ship cut most of the wind. Not sure what it’s like on a TA though 

There can be some breeze in a Cheeky Corner Suite.  Depends on where in that massive balcony you are standing.  

As far as the bar set up, there is a one time bar set up.  What you have depends somewhat on what is available.  We started out with three small bottles of liqueur, 3 small bottles of wine, 2 or 3 cans of beer and a few Red Bulls.  There was also some cans of soda.  My DH wanted some Tequila (which was not one of the bottles in the cabin when we arrived) and our Rockstar agent got us one, which ended up being full sized.  For the Rockstar suites (as opposed to Mega Rockstars), the set-up is one time (although I am not sure what happens on a longer cruise as ours was only 5 days).  You can get the sodas replaced for no extra charge.  We were also able to get limes and lemons through our Rockstar agent.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

There can be some breeze in a Cheeky Corner Suite.  Depends on where in that massive balcony you are standing.  

As far as the bar set up, there is a one time bar set up.  What you have depends somewhat on what is available.  We started out with three small bottles of liqueur, 3 small bottles of wine, 2 or 3 cans of beer and a few Red Bulls.  There was also some cans of soda.  My DH wanted some Tequila (which was not one of the bottles in the cabin when we arrived) and our Rockstar agent got us one, which ended up being full sized.  For the Rockstar suites (as opposed to Mega Rockstars), the set-up is one time (although I am not sure what happens on a longer cruise as ours was only 5 days).  You can get the sodas replaced for no extra charge.  We were also able to get limes and lemons through our Rockstar agent.  

I was going to ask about longer voyages and the "one time" suite bars. It does seem a bit tight if on a 4 night cruise you get the same setup as someone doing a 14 night.

Maybe they would do a restock after 7 nights? Anyone have experiance?

On 8/15/2022 at 7:02 AM, rebeccac said:

Thank you!  I appreciate the information!

On 8/14/2022 at 3:46 PM, davidnkim said:

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't get a notification or I missed it.

The wind can be a bit much around the side of the balcony at times, but the hammock is actually well protected by a barrier. But it's a really nice, wide open balcony for relaxing. The only thing is the lack of furniture. So much empty space out there and it would have been nice to at least have a table for four. 🙂 You get two loungers, two chairs and the smallest round table I've ever had on a balcony. We did ask the Rock Star Agent for two more chairs and they were delivered on the third day of a 5 night cruise. 

Yes, the bar is fully included in your suite. You get one set up and that includes the fridge as well. Of course all the Coke products can be refilled as they are included in your fare. Now the bar was missing rum and bourbon when we got there, so we asked our Rock Star agent to get some and he did. Brought two full bottles. We did bring simple syrup and bitters onto the ship with us but we were able to ask the Rock Star Agent to get limes, lemons and other mixers for us so we could make proper cocktails.   https://youtu.be/B4I6YJtueuo

Here's a tour of our suite which was 12011A. https://youtu.be/Dy04dQH5abI

I also have a full food tour and full review of Scarlet Lady on the channel as well that might be helpful for your research. Again my apologies for the delayed response. 🙂 

Edited by WheresWalter

1 hour ago, Fogcityca13 said:

@WheresWalter, did you bring sealed bottles of bitters and simple syrup? I might have to add these to the packing list. I usually make my own orange oil simple syrup for old fashioned’s, but I’m guessing that might be problematic getting through security. 

Yes, they were sealed. We purchased them at a liquor store in South Beach, went with the Fee Brothers brand as I use them at home as well.

Orange oil simple syrup?!? I have not tried that one yet. I make my own Panela Simple Syrup, Mint Syrup and Ginger Syrup but have not tried orange oil syrup. That sounds amazeballs. 

• Thanks 1