Just need to vent about RCL IT

Sorry, no question, just got really annoyed by RCL IT and need to vent. How is it that those huge companies (Disney is equallly bad, maybe even worse) can't get their act together with IT related stuff? One would think they have enough money to get it done professionally.

I'm currently missing two 5 Night Dining packages for our TA cruise and they seem to be sold out for quite some time now. So I go into the cruise planning page every so often to check if it has become available again.

Every now and then, it shows up, but once I select the guests and click continue, it tells me that this option isn't currently available and to go back to check available stuff. And it's there again!

Another time, I was actually able to put it into the shopping basket, only to have an error at checkout. So I went into a different browser, luckily the package was still in the basket and I could finish checkout only to get a message that the package is no longer available. Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhh!!!!

Do they want to sell us stuff or annoy us?

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

If you cant buy something in the planner, I call. Call C & A.

There it was even worse. It seems most of their reps are working from home. Half the time I had a horrible connection and couldn't understand them and one time there was a baby crying in the background and the rep seemed distracted, probably by the baby. Another time I got disconnected halfway through the call and while they always ask for your phone number at the beginning of the call ("In case we are disconnected..."), they never call me back.

I called them when the package WAS available for one of the other bookings I had but I couldn't go to the payment screen because of some website error. I asked her if she could access my basket and she said she did but had to switch back and forth between me and tech support. Also, I had to log out of the account because otherwise she couldn't get in, so I wasn't able to check availability. After about 30 min. on hold (the entire call was about 45 min.) she came back and told me that unfortunately the package was no longer available. So I ended the call and a few min. later I was able to get back into my account. Sure enough, the 5 Night Dining Package wasn't available in the shop anymore, but then I noticed that it still was in my basket. Out of a hunch I then opened the website on my iPad and there I was finally able to finalize the purchase! 

It really shouldn't be that complicated.

My upcoming cruise's cruise planner won't let me book anything. Anytime I add to cart and go to checkout I notice the price of the product changes (in my favor). When I try to submit payment I get an error to check my card and try again.

Countless number of computers, browsers, and credit cards resulted in same error. Had to call in to get items booked.

From what I can tell based on a calculator, for some reason my price is changed from USD to British Pounds on the final page, but while retaining the USD $ sign visually. I think this is causing the error but they haven't been able to resolve it. I confirmed this by trying to book through the app and saw the £ show up!

How about when you want to go pay for a cruise by hitting pay me on the cruise planner and it still asks you more information like Reservation #, Ship, Date and your name.  Why isn't that being sent when you are logged in and hitting a button that says pay me.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, kitkat343 said:

Also, IT doesn't let you enter vaccine info for kids under 5.  I will straighten it out at the port, but RC should really be aware of the fact that all kids can now be fully vaccinated and let us input their information.

With so few kids under 5 getting vaccinated plus vax requirements going away anyway, no real need to work on that.