Mobility issues in Cabo San Lucas.

pathi

We are sailing 9/24 on The Sapphire. We have an overnight stop in Cabo. We would like to go downtown and have dinner, and maybe walk around a bit. Look at a shop or 2.

My wife can walk short distances, but anything over 1/3 mile or standing more than 10 minutes is an issue.

My question is How far is the distance from where the boat from the ship docks to the taxi's?

Also what are sidewalks like in Downtown Cabo? Ramps? Smooth street crossings?

Take a look at Google Maps. The tender lets you off at the cruise tender pier. It is a short walk off the pier to the marina walk. The walk circles around the marina. There is a Bar/restaurant right at the end of the tender pier. There are also many different restaurants along the marina walk. I don't remember seeing any transport for those with mobility issues and there are no autos on the marina walk. There is really very little downtown. You might want to look into a tour, or a day at one of the hotels. 

I have a suggestion, that you post this topic on the Mexican Riviera Forum.  

Mexican Riviera Cruises Q&A: Find Tips & Recommendations - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

From the cruise tender dock, it is a short walk to the street where you can get a cab, but it might be too far for a mobility impaired guest -- especially since the most direct path isn't obvious and is not in the direction of the typical passenger flow.

8 hours ago, DUCHESSRN said:

Sidewalks not great , street crossings near the port are a little busy and you have to be mindful.

Taxi should be easy enough , there are usually several on the street next to the Mercado...probably less than 1/3 mile.

@DUCHESSRN

Howdy!

Your thread has been moved to the Mexican Riviera forum where it will be on topic.

Happy sails,

Host Kat 

I would also like to know what Downtown Puerto Vallarta is Like. If we want to go to downtown center for lunch. Condition of sidewalks etc, Restaurants close to shops? 

Also if we rent a scooter would it be feasable for her to use it downtown?

Puerto Vallarta has some high sidewalks and cobblestones. My brother was able to negotiate it with his walker, but we stayed on the main pedestrian/tourist area (called "El Malecon", sort of like a boardwalk).  Restaurants, bars, tourist shops.  Ocean views.  Closed to vehicles.

From the port, you can take a mini-van to downtown, for a fixed per person price.  The driver fills up the van and takes you to downtown.

I do not consider it to be scooter-friendly.  

On 8/10/2022 at 12:29 PM, pathi said:

We are sailing 9/24 on The Sapphire. We have an overnight stop in Cabo. We would like to go downtown and have dinner, and maybe walk around a bit. Look at a shop or 2.

My wife can walk short distances, but anything over 1/3 mile or standing more than 10 minutes is an issue.

My question is How far is the distance from where the boat from the ship docks to the taxi's?

Also what are sidewalks like in Downtown Cabo? Ramps? Smooth street crossings?

There are also pedi-cabs (bicycle type)...We used one for our return back to the tender area this past January.

• Like 1