Cancelled Tours

flare3192

In reading through the terms and conditions, Windstar says all tours are provided by a third party and if they are canceled it is not their responsibility. So I am wondering how often you have found tours cancelled. 

They also say they act as a travel agent with regard to air services. I have found that, if, for example, your flight is delayed and you will misconnect and you had an agent book it, the airlines tell you to go back to the agent to get new flights. How easy is that to do -- are they accessible at any time needed. The flight they proposed is a great fare but it is also delta to Paris connecting to air jordanian with a 2 hour connect time. What happens if we arrive in Paris late and do not make the connection?

I am ok with going a day earlier but with all the mess this year I want to know they are there for you when things go wrong. 

I'd say we have at least one tour canceled on every itin. I have the impression that it is usually due to lack of interest. Someones the tour we change to has only a few people on it either.

This can work to your advantage if you have lots of on board credit. The canceled tour gets a credit on your account and the new one you but come off your on board credit. On our last itin we have at least 3 tours canceled and would up with over a thousand bucks credit on our account that was paid to us after the cruise.

Edited by milepig

13 hours ago, flare3192 said:

They also say they act as a travel agent with regard to air services. I have found that, if, for example, your flight is delayed and you will misconnect and you had an agent book it, the airlines tell you to go back to the agent to get new flights. How easy is that to do -- are they accessible at any time needed.

Can't speak to that, but know that any time you put in a form of intermediary between you and the airline, it can only cause greater issue.  One factor is that you often will get a bulk consolidator ticket from a cruiseline, and these often have special restrictive fare rules that limit the onward options during irregular operations (irops).

13 hours ago, flare3192 said:

The flight they proposed is a great fare but it is also delta to Paris connecting to air jordanian with a 2 hour connect time. What happens if we arrive in Paris late and do not make the connection?

Completely depends on the specifics of your ticket.  You don't mention cities or dates, so I am going to assume you are headed for Amman.  DL and RJ are in two separate alliances - I suspect that you may be getting two separate tickets put together, which may have issues regarding luggage and rerouting. 

As for the great fare....you get what you pay for.

The devil is in the details, and you don't have them.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 6:38 AM, flare3192 said:

They also say they act as a travel agent with regard to air services. I have found that, if, for example, your flight is delayed and you will misconnect and you had an agent book it, the airlines tell you to go back to the agent to get new flights. How easy is that to do -- are they accessible at any time needed. The flight they proposed is a great fare but it is also delta to Paris connecting to air jordanian with a 2 hour connect time. What happens if we arrive in Paris late and do not make the connection?

I am ok with going a day earlier but with all the mess this year I want to know they are there for you when things go wrong. 

I recently helped a pax that booked through NCL air.  Flight was cancelled and entire family had to be rebooked.  She stated NCL was no help and said NCL hung up on her.  They were not available "at any hour."  We did not tell her to go back to her agent, we just rebooked the family which turned out to be quite a chore, as they had to split up and you would have thought the earth ended. 

FT is correct; DL and RJ are not partners, nor are they in the same alliance.  If you are not on one ticket, you don't have a connection; you are on two separate and unrelated bookings.  If so, and you arrive in Paris too late to miss your next flight, you may be out-of-luck.  I would always prefer one ticket or a nonstop.  You don't list your departure airport, but UA has nonstop flights to AMM out of IAD.  Don't know of any others off the top of my head.

Edited by 6rugrats