8/12/22 PRINCESS CRUISES REMOVES VACCINE REQUIREMENT FOR MOST VOYAGES, ELMINATES PRE-CRUISE TESTING FOR VACCINATED GUESTS

LACruiser88

3 hours ago, jc foster said:

This is clear as Mud to me .  Does vaccinated mean Fully Vaccinated or Up To Date ?

I believe (don't see why not) this will continue as it has been - dependent upon individual country regulations in place.  For example, Europe has a 270 day rule - if > 270 days from your full vaccination series, then you need a booster.  Once you have a booster, the 270 day rule does not apply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, no, yes, no....Trying to make sense of all this.  Admitting that I am still confused and don't have an answer.  

According to:  https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise#entering-canada-before

Looks like a negative test "IS" required for cruises embarking in Vancouver/Quebec.  24 hours with a Medically supervised antigen test or 72 hours for a PCR test. 

Will watch the boards for the last few summer cruises that leave/stop in Canada.

8 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, no, yes, no....Trying to make sense of all this.  Admitting that I am still confused and don't have an answer.  

According to:  https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise#entering-canada-before

Looks like a negative test "IS" required for cruises embarking in Vancouver/Quebec.  24 hours with a Medically supervised antigen test or 72 hours for a PCR test. 

Will watch the boards for the last few summer cruises that leave/stop in Canada.

That’s what I was thinking about our cruise from Alaskan to Canada but it’s not til June of 23; so things may change by then. What has me more confused is the language in the ArriveCan below, so we fill it out twice and when??? We will fly to Alaska, cruise from their to Canada, spend a couple days in Canada…

You must complete your ArriveCAN submission before entering Canada, no more than 72 hours of boarding your flight or before entering Canada by land.

• If you’re flying in to join a cruise immediately, enter the address of your terminal. 
  • If you’re not joining the cruise immediately, enter the address of your hotel. 

You must also submit a second ArriveCAN submission no more than 72 hours before boarding the cruise. This applies even if your second ArriveCAN submission is within 72 hours of the first submission.

26 minutes ago, Grambler said:

That’s what I was thinking about our cruise from Alaskan to Canada but it’s not til June of 23; so things may change by then. What has me more confused is the language in the ArriveCan below, so we fill it out twice and when??? We will fly to Alaska, cruise from their to Canada, spend a couple days in Canada…

You must complete your ArriveCAN submission before entering Canada, no more than 72 hours of boarding your flight or before entering Canada by land.

• If you’re flying in to join a cruise immediately, enter the address of your terminal. 
  • If you’re not joining the cruise immediately, enter the address of your hotel. 

You must also submit a second ArriveCAN submission no more than 72 hours before boarding the cruise. This applies even if your second ArriveCAN submission is within 72 hours of the first submission.

More clicks and entries ups the usage stats and the government can get all puffed up about a wonderful job they are doing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Purple Gallinule said:

I am wondering about our RT New York trip that has stops in Canada. Anyone have insight about Canada?

I will be interested in this too. We Sail October 29/22 from NY, with stops in Canada.

2 hours ago, Purple Gallinule said:

I am wondering about our RT New York trip that has stops in Canada. Anyone have insight about Canada?

Next week I have a west coast Canada and in October an east coast Canada.  I obviously have to test for the first one and I am expecting that I will for the 2nd

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not too sure about that.  It might be one of those special itineraries.  Problem is, on the longer trans ocean cruises, not close to a hospital or medical facility in case of an emergency.  We’ll have to see their explanations.  

I think it is more because some TAs this spring ended up with a surprising number of Covid cases by the time the ships reached Europe.

3 hours ago, redcruzer said:

So it says unvaxxed need to self test 3 days before and upload negative test. slightly confusing.... so I can take an at home test? how do I upload the results from that? or am I misunderstanding?

You would either take a test at a test site ( like Walgreens, minute clinic, your local clinic etc) or take a home proctored  (observed) self test online via emed.com ( or similar). To self test using a proctor you need to have an internet connection, and your device needs a camera and audio capability.  When test is complete you will be emailed a copy of your test results, You then upload a picture or scan of your test results into the Medallion App. I use Abbott Binaxnow ( the RX version) which  can be ordered through Optum or Emed 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

LOL - It's not going to change anytime soon with Trudeau in charge.

ETA:  He has spent almost $25 million on ArriveCAN and not likely to scrap that anytime soon.

I believe that you’re right.

if you want to sail to Alaska or the US East coast, where there are stops in Canada , you have to be vaccinated to cruise .m.

the expensive ArriveCan will provide a QR code, which will then be linked to your passport.

4 hours ago, redcruzer said:

So it says unvaxxed need to self test 3 days before and upload negative test. slightly confusing.... so I can take an at home test? how do I upload the results from that? or am I misunderstanding?

26 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

You would either take a test at a test site ( like Walgreens, minute clinic, your local clinic etc) or take a home proctored  (observed) self test online via emed.com ( or similar). To self test using a proctor you need to have an internet connection, and your device needs a camera and audio capability.  When test is complete you will be emailed a copy of your test results, You then upload a picture or scan of your test results into the Medallion App. I use Abbott Binaxnow ( the RX version) which  can be ordered through Optum or Emed 

If that is what Princess wanted, they would have said "medically supervised" as they have in the past.

When they just say "self test" that implies you do it yourself without being observed at a test site or online.

Maybe in 24 or so hours they will change the wording. If they do not change it, it is ambiguous to me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, caribill said:

If that is what Princess wanted, they would have said "medically supervised" as they have in the past.

When they just say "self test" that implies you do it yourself without being observed at a test site or online.

Maybe in 24 or so hours they will change the wording. If they do not change it, it is ambiguous to me.

You make good points for sure!  It will be interesting to see what clarification they provide.  Maybe we take a picture of our home test stick and upload that!  😂  

Edit: 
The Princess FAQ under - where to get tested - still gives the information that has been there for quite some time regarding the observed home tests.  So it looks like no new/updated information there. Maybe more to come soon as they sort through the changes?  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

Edited by Shelly97060

25 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

You make good points for sure!  It will be interesting to see what clarification they provide.  Maybe we take a picture of our home test stick and upload that!  😂  

Edit: 
The Princess FAQ under - where to get tested - still gives the information that has been there for quite some time regarding the observed home tests.  So it looks like no new/updated information there. Maybe more to come soon as they sort through the changes?  https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

I just checked the FAQ again and under  “Are self-test acceptable” it refers to medically observed self-test. While this refers to Vaccinated guests, it seems the self-test reference would apply to unvaccinated as well. 2BED4E80-4A55-4AA0-8658-03C4811C3D5D.thumb.jpeg.2db05b05323cdcc51de8e7f6f130e444.jpeg

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@GramblerYes, if you are flying in, you HAVE to fill in the app within 72 hours of arrival by plane. 

It is my understanding that if you are arriving by ship (from SEA, NYC, FLL, etc), you can fill it in while onboard.

Those arriving by cruise ship are to complete it 72 hours before embarking 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dog said:

I will be interested in this too. We Sail October 29/22 from NY, with stops in Canada.

Canada has their own requirements, at this time the New England Canada trip requires the test, but that was from our TA last night when I called for my sister.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DCThunder said:

Since this policy become effective Sept. 6, does a TA sailing from the UK on Sept. 2 default to the "current" rules which is only a self-certification of a negative test?

Is this update is only for voyages departing from US?  According to Princess website, the latest update on voyages from UK hasn't changed and is still self-certification of a negative antigen test. There's also different regs for embarkations in Australia and Europe. Only USA voyages were updated on the Princess website

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dog said:

I believe the wording on Princess Website regarding Canada; unless you depart or end in Canada; you do not need to get a covid test.  I sail on Oct 8 roundtrip from NY; so I will not have to get a pre cruise covid test. That is good news.

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, latebloomer56 said:

Canada has their own requirements, at this time the New England Canada trip requires the test, but that was from our TA last night when I called for my sister.

I believe the test is required if you start or end your cruise in Canada.  If you are doing roundtrip out of New York the test is no longer required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1