Carnival Cruise Line Removes Pre-Cruise Testing for Vaccinated Guests and Welcomes All Unvaccinated To Sail

ProgRockCruiser

I notice this differs from Princess. Specifically on trans-ocean.

• No pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests on voyages of up to 15 nights (guests 5 and older) with the exception of full Panama Canal transits, trans-ocean and other special itineraries; unvaccinated guests must provide a negative self-test result taken within three days of embarkation (unvaccinated children under 5 years do not require pre-cruise testing)
  • Guests sailing on voyages 16 nights or longer, or sailing on full Panama Canal transits, trans-ocean and other specific itineraries, need to take a supervised test within three days of embarkation (guests 5 and older). Guests on these types of voyages will be contacted directly by an Ocean Navigator to assist.

This is fantastic news!! I haven't been on a ship in almost three years!! I used to cruise 3-4 times a year.  I'm retiring soon, so according to my son, I have to take one cruise a month to make up for all of the missed cruises!

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rudyard said:

Great news! Now I can start looking forward to my December cruise instead of worrying about the test.

as long as you are vaccinated. Now you will only have to worry about the test after you cruise.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rudyard said:

Great news! Now I can start looking forward to my December cruise instead of worrying about the test.

We cruise in Oct and was already worrying about the pretest. Now I don't have stress.

Laura

• Like 5

Just now, PetalumaCruiser said:

Why would you test after a cruise

My guess is they think everyone is going to walk off cruises with COVID now and need to get a test within days of getting home...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Unvaccinated still have to test

yes i see that my point is if they say they are "removing the vaccination requirement" then there would be no need to "provide proof of vaccination".  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, redsox1584 said:

Great news! I set sail September 10 so I just made it…will be nice to not have to worry about the test. On the other hand, I have a bunch of the proctored Binax Now tests lol

Us too! Just got them…oh well