On board coral Princess now

4 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Tender to Airlie Beach today.

They used a ship tender and a local large cat ferry.

All the local volunteers  were very friendly and helpful. They put on $5 shuttle bus  that drops you at a beach, the markets and the main street shopping. It's walking distance  really. But mum wanted the ride. What a lovely  town. Very busy at the moment  with a sailing race on for a week. 180 yachts competing.

We managed to buy a few things from a market stall and a shop. Nice walk along the beach  path.

Back on board now. Had lunch from the grill above the pool. Think we ordered  the  wrong thing. Tacos were  poor and mum had a hotdog which looked awful. The cheesy bacon chips are definitely a miss. Very gritty cheese sauce. Great way to not overeat on board. Everyone around us ordered the classic burger which looked lovely.

Ahh, yes. A long time since I have had a Princess hot dog, with good reason. Thanks for the reminder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Scary whenever they have to deal with a fire onboard.

Yes, scary. Ashtray fires are all too common when people put empty ciggy packets and serviettes etc into the butt bin. Often extinguished with a drink by passengers when they start to smoulder. These areas really should be monitored more closely, and butt bins emptied more than once per day.

On 8/13/2022 at 9:42 AM, yes!yes!yes! said:

think the Princess plus is popular. There were many drunk people  by 5pm yesterday.

On 8/13/2022 at 11:42 AM, yes!yes!yes! said:

They have one Australian  powerpoint in your cabin with 2 usb plugs next to the hair-dryer.

thanks … boarding this Friday ….I won’t be getting drunk… but it will be a change to have a drinks package on a cruise…just means that I can stay up much later..

any copies of the drinks / cocktails menu ??

Edited by shireboi

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Scary whenever they have to deal with a fire onboard.

Shades of ye olde Star Princess.  Ban smoking on the ships.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

$2.50 for a milkshake? Our last few Princess cruises they were free, drank way too many on our round Aus cruise.

Still cheaper than the local milk bar @ $7

2 hours ago, shireboi said:

thanks … boarding this Friday ….I won’t be getting drunk… but it will be a change to have a drinks package on a cruise…just means that I can stay up much later..

any copies of the drinks / cocktails menu ??

I will  try to work out how  to post one. I'm technically challenged 

Missed the fire onboard, maybe we were still onshore at Airlie Beach. A lot is happening this cruise. One of the ship’s tenders lost power while fully loaded with passengers and had to be towed back to the ship by another tender. Fortunately we were on one of the large catamarans just watching. We ended up leaving Airlie an hour late.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CruiseMatt2022 said:

Could you please note what number formal night was of your cruise and if there was more than one please? I’d be keen to know. Also if you do any speciality dining like Sabatinis to take a photo of then menu? I hope you’re having fun! 

20220815_083557.jpg

20220815_083547.jpg

20220815_083539.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We are on this ship for 4 cruises, 22 nights in total. 

Ask any questions  and I will  try and answer them when I can

Do you know if any unused OBC gets carried over onto the next cruise ?

Thanks.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Do you know if any unused OBC gets carried over onto the next cruise ?

Thanks.

If you are doing two cruises B2B then I believe unused OBC from the first cruise is carried over to the second cruise.

Otherwise if the OBC is refundable you will get a cheque from Carnival Australia. Yes, a cheque!!!

Most OBC given as a booking perk is non-refundable but it appears Shareholder OBC is refundable (much to my surprise).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If you are doing two cruises B2B then I believe unused OBC from the first cruise is carried over to the second cruise.

Otherwise if the OBC is refundable you will get a cheque from Carnival Australia. Yes, a cheque!!!

Most OBC given as a booking perk is non-refundable but it appears Shareholder OBC is refundable (much to my surprise).

Does it take time for them to issue a cheque? We had refundable OBC from a Coral Princess cruise in late June and no sign of it yet. Is this usual or should I follow it up?

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They have always returned mine to the credit card on record. Not that I have had much back, after all I do have a Mrs Gut to absorb it.

1 hour ago, Tripmode33 said:

Does it take time for them to issue a cheque? We had refundable OBC from a Coral Princess cruise in late June and no sign of it yet. Is this usual or should I follow it up?

Ours turned up about three weeks after our 26th June cruise ended. We weren't expecting it as I hadn't realised the Shareholder OBC was refundable. It was a nice surprise, but what was more surprising was that it was actually a cheque, not a credit to our credit card on file. However I suggest checking your credit card as well just in case.

We were also on 26th June cruise, and due a refund from a cancelled shore excursion - I was told to expect a cheque, posted from the US, however about three weeks later the refund showed up on my credit card. Hope that helps. 

17 minutes ago, ~*Lou*~ said:

We were also on 26th June cruise, and due a refund from a cancelled shore excursion - I was told to expect a cheque, posted from the US, however about three weeks later the refund showed up on my credit card. Hope that helps. 

Our unexpected cheque was an ANZ bank cheque posted in Sydney.