Earliest time for breakfast

JackieCZA

We're sailing on the Riviera in October and plan of exploring some of the destinations on our own, and using shore excursions on some of the ports which are further away from the sights we want to see.  How early can we get breakfast at the wave terrace so we can hit the road early and beat the rush as some of the sights?  Or would we better advised to order room service pre-dawn?

Waves opens at 7am so we often order room service on the card Oceania provides in your cabin the night before by placing our orders on the card and putting it in the slot outside our door before we go to bed.

You should note in the Daily Currents you get each evening in some ports Oceania will open breakfast earlier if they port earlier than usual. Also if you just need a continual breakfast Horizons has coffee, juice and rolls earlier and since you are on Riviera, if you are in one of the cabin levels with a lounge, you can get coffee, juice, rolls earlier. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JackieCZA said:

We're sailing on the Riviera in October and plan of exploring some of the destinations on our own, and using shore excursions on some of the ports which are further away from the sights we want to see. ...

Make sure you know which port(s) you tender at and the tender schedule. For those days, you have to be concerned about an early breakfast and a first tender ticket. You can only get off the ship when they let you or take you.

• Like 1

Whether tendering or not, in my experience, we have always found Waves to be open for breakfast  well before the ship will be cleared for guests to depart.  Destinations staff do a good job of coordinating everyone early exit from the ship be it on a tender or excursion. That will be done from the Riviera Lounge. 

You should have no problems getting off but understand the O staff is not always in control of the time and process, it is the Port/Security people. 

if you want, Room Service can be at your door whenever you need to eat, just order the night before and give them a time. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

We typically order room service when we have a busy port day as find it more relaxing than at Waves, etc.  Often the O shore excursions are the first to disembark before it is open for all other guests not on an O excursion.

Thank you all for the replies.  We'll probably order room service for a crack-of-dawn breakfast so we can be first down the gangplank and try make the 07:44 regional train, with a backstop of a slower train about 15 min later.  Hopefully port authorities won't add any undue delay.  

7 hours ago, JackieCZA said:

Thank you all for the replies.  We'll probably order room service for a crack-of-dawn breakfast so we can be first down the gangplank and try make the 07:44 regional train, with a backstop of a slower train about 15 min later.  Hopefully port authorities won't add any undue delay.  

You are setting yourself up for failure by cutting things that close.  Why do something so stressful on a vacation?  

• Like 2

I guess I could say that I'm only trying to execute orders from head office😉

I'll have to run Plan A with the most optimistic schedule, a plan B with more realistic expectations and a plan C with a bad case scenario.  

As for the stress, well I guess I'll have to take a vacation afterwards to get over this one🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3