Somewhere safe to lap swim in Ensenada?

SwimCarrie

Headed on 3 different cruises to Ensenada in the coming months and I would love to find a gym or local pool where I can swim in Ensenada. Looking for somewhere safe... don't want to get robbed of my passport while my head is underwater! (Nothing against Mexico...I'd feel the same way here in Cali!)

Thanks!

1 hour ago, SwimCarrie said:

Headed on 3 different cruises to Ensenada in the coming months and I would love to find a gym or local pool where I can swim in Ensenada. Looking for somewhere safe... don't want to get robbed of my passport while my head is underwater! (Nothing against Mexico...I'd feel the same way here in Cali!)

Thanks!

You do not need to take your passport with you off the ship.  Just a government ID will suffice.  

Might want to check today's news....

The U.S. Consulate General Tijuana is aware of reports of multiple vehicle fires, roadblocks, and heavy police activity in Tijuana, Mexicali, Rosarito, Ensenada, and Tecate. U.S. government employees have been instructed to shelter in place until further notice, the consulate's official Twitter account said.

The consulate further advised U.S. citizens to avoid the area, seek shelter if in the area, inform their friends and families of their situation and monitor news reports for information.

https://www.newsweek.com/us-citizens-told-avoid-tijuana-violence-erupts-employees-shelter-1733411

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'll be curious of Navigator docks in Ensenada tomorrow

Yes, I saw the warning and was wondering the same thing.  They've got to dock if it's their only international stop, I wouldn't go ashore. But, do the passengers even know. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by cali-croozer