Wonder of the Seas: Question Regarding FPS and Shutter Speed

CruisingMax1981

Hey,

I'm going to be taking a trip on the Wonder of the Seas in a couple of months and I'm researching everything I need to know to create some videos.

Being based in the UK we use PAL (25fps with a shutter speed of 1/50) however I know in the USA it's 24fps or 30fps, with a shutter speed of 1/60 - this syncs with the power from the lights and avoids the annoying strobing effects. 

Does anyone know what is the best settings for Wonder of the Seas would be? I assume that it'll be the USA settings? I plan on filming the embarkation process and the last thing I want to be doing is tinkering with camera settings as I embark the ship.

Thanks in advance!

Anthony

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't know what the shutter speed was- but i always shoot NTSC 30fps or 60fps.  I didn't have any issues on Wonder that I know of. Inside restaurants it may be a bit different. When on Anthem inside the Wonderland restaurant, i noticed some banding but wasn't horrible. I hope this helps and I hope you have an amazing time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, joshsc said:

I don't know what the shutter speed was- but i always shoot NTSC 30fps or 60fps.  I didn't have any issues on Wonder that I know of. Inside restaurants it may be a bit different. When on Anthem inside the Wonderland restaurant, i noticed some banding but wasn't horrible. I hope this helps and I hope you have an amazing time.

Thanks so much John. I'll switch to NTSC before I board! 🙂