Things are slowly getting better

antsp

It's always good to see things returning to a bit more normal after Covid 

Since our last Cruise in March, to now, things I've noticed that are better 

:Crew working outside no longer need to wear masks

: Passengers are now longer to  participate normally with cruise staff and entertainers on stage

:Evening cabin turndow is no longer by request

:Bread baskets is back on the tables in dining rooms 

Hopefully the next thing with time the crew can be mask free, 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, antsp said:

: Passengers are now longer to  participate normally with cruise staff and entertainers on stage

Every step toward normalcy is so welcome. ♡

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Most things are getting back to a somewhat normal cruise as we know it. 

Although I'm still reading comments from many people complaining about different things lately, I'm beginning to wonder why.

13 hours ago, antsp said:

Thank you for a breath of positivity amongst the continuing negative drumbeat that lives here. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, antsp said:

I like to see all these good things, but I wish they'd not put the bread baskets back. If hubby and I have a table for two, many times the entire basket will end up getting pitched. I hardly ever eat a roll, and he doesn't always either. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Most things are getting back to a somewhat normal cruise as we know it. 

Although I'm still reading comments from many people complaining about different things lately, I'm beginning to wonder why.

Because some folks live to complain 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

I like to see all these good things, but I wish they'd not put the bread baskets back. If hubby and I have a table for two, many times the entire basket will end up getting pitched. I hardly ever eat a roll, and he doesn't always either. 

If you have same table/waiters, just let them know.  Otherwise, wave the basket off when it comes so they know you didn't touch it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sea Hag said:

We also stopped eatting the bread.  Our solution.   Just ask th wait staff to remove it when you have been seated.  When we had the same table every night after the first night they knew not to put it on the table.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Agree on that I was going to say the same as we always said before Covid what a waste. Although on our cruise in June they took the basket back and put in the cupboard presumably to use again. We saw people on near by tables figuring all the bread and they still put any left back in cupboard.

Also with the bread knife and plate they took them away and put back in cupboard with clean ones. One day ( before I realised what they were doing) I scaped a mark off mine although didn't use it. 

Edited by amajaa

14 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Agree on that I was going to say the same as we always said before Covid what a waste. Although on our cruise in June they took the basket back and put in the cupboard presumably to use again. We saw people on near by tables figuring all the bread and they still put any left back in cupboard.

Also with the bread knife and plate they took them away and put back in cupboard with clean ones. One day ( before I realised what they were doing) I scaped a mark off mine although didn't use it. 

Some years back we watched a waiter "recycle" those un-eaten rolls and bread sticks onto fresh baskets to place on the tables they cleaned off for new customers just arriving. Presumably they don't do that any longer, at least not in view of of people sitting there eating... or do they? 

11 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Ask/tell your servers not to bring the bread basket. Problem solved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

80 minutes for one course of food and one drink in Sabatinis last night.. We left after two hours, before the deserts and the place look like a bomb had gone off with almost every table in out section  uncleared.

There is not enough staff on the Sky Princess - plain and simple.

26 minutes ago, Sunshine Bob said:

80 minutes for one course of food and one drink in Sabatinis last night.. We left after two hours, before the deserts and the place look like a bomb had gone off with almost every table in out section  uncleared.

That's better, I was worried then

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sunshine Bob said:

I hope you complained about it. There 's no reason you should have to have paid for a dinner you couldn't enjoy. 

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

Ask/tell your servers not to bring the bread basket. Problem solved.

Well, I agree with that somewhat. No worries about asking that if the bread basket isn't on the table when we arrive. But nearly always in the past, the bread baskets were already on the table before we were seated. Problem not solved. Got an easy solution for that? 😂

I too can not wait for things to get back to normal or sorta.  I was on Sky Princess in May.  My balcony was lovely and cabin steward was great.  But there it ends.  There was no setting at dinner with same people as before.  Yep, don't really love saying my name and where I live over and over again.  Dinner were long and twice I left before desert after 2 hours.  Will not go into show times and when you can get into dining room.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

In that case you could just ask not to have it on your table.