Oceania suites on Riviera

tripperva

We have stayed in the 12th level Oceania suites and have have never had any issues with noise from above. Nor have we heard anyone else complain about noise. We have stayed in every type of Suite on Marina and Riviera and our favorites remain the 12th level Oceania suites. Their location is very convenient. Their layout works for us and we love is having two bathrooms, the media room and the generous verandas. On itinerary stop heavy cruises we don’t always move up to them but on sea day heavy itineraries they are perfect for us.

We were in an Oceania Suite on the aft for a TA crossing. Met a couple who were directly under the fitness area, stated that the people using the free weights were dropping them on the floor constantly. We were under the Terrance Cafe, our noise started around 3 or 4 am with the movement of tables and chairs across the deck for daily cleaning. With that being said, I would still book an Aft Oceania  Suite over one on the starboard side. The wrap around balcony was great.

• Like 2

We were next to the Artists Loft on 12 and there was absolutely no noise from the Loft nor the Fitness Center. That said IMHO, if you can be on the Port side under the Spa, that would be a winner.  We have not been in the aft Oceania Suites but we certainly have experienced Terrace Cafe support staff noise in a PH below the TC and Waves.  I can assure you it was awful. My DW went straight to the Director and Executive Concierge to get us moved, she was in tears 🤬 and I was the dutiful husband ensuring the Butler got us moved to a primo PH location .

I am sure you will have a wonderful experience in your O Suite and if there is noise, let your Butler and Concierge in the Executive Lounge know to ensure the message gets delivered to the people dropping weights. You are paying far too much money to be rudely treated from above. 
Enjoy,

Mauibabes

40 minutes ago, tripperva said:

Are the fitness center and aerobics room open at night? Perhaps the noise above is limited to daytime.

I believe they close  at 8pm  but never gone there in the evenings