Seaday brunch menu changes?

relmondcrsise

5 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

If it's the fake stuff, I could avoid food wastage by not ordering it.  I hate waste. 

I do too (so don't bring me a full basket of bread when I'm at dinner at a table for one), but personally I don't have an issue not eating something because I truly don't like it or it's just mediocre (vs. I ordered more than I could possibly eat in the first place).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

personally I don't have an issue not eating something because I truly don't like it or it's just mediocre

I'd like to say I am the same.  Unfortunately though, at the ripe old age of 47, I'm still wrestling with the demons of my upbringing - "You can't leave the table until you clean your plate" / "There are starving children in China" / etc.🙄  Sometimes I overcome my guilt and programming.  Sometimes I don't.🤣 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrschrod said:

Does anyone know if the danish they have are the cream cheese ones? My wife desperately needs to know 😂

Last time someone at my table ordered them, they had a choice. She chose apricot and cream. So hopefully your wife gets that option. This was in March.

49 minutes ago, ladychater said:

I just got off the Magic on 8/15, and the Lox Tower was gone.  They had a bagel with lox, but no gravlax.  Somehow, I soldiered on.  😁

Was there a charge for the lox and bagel like there was with the tower? Thanks

57 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

Was there a charge for the lox and bagel like there was with the tower? Thanks

I'm looking at the brunch menu that is post 10 in this thread and it doesn't like the tower had a charge.  I remember I used to be able to order lox, sliced onion and tomato (with capers, I think) through morning room service. Yum!!

15 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I'm looking at the brunch menu that is post 10 in this thread and it doesn't like the tower had a charge.  I remember I used to be able to order lox, sliced onion and tomato (with capers, I think) through morning room service. Yum!!

Thanks, I may be thinking of an earlier brunch menu that had an upcharge. Maybe it was a fresh seafood tower? Hmmm

Yes, the room service lox came with Spanish capers too and that's what made it for me 🙂 

Edited by sanmarcosman

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

Thanks, I may be thinking of an earlier brunch menu that had an upcharge. Maybe it was a fresh seafood tower? Hmmm

Indeed, they have removed that, there used to be a seafood tower pre-covid. I was looking for it on my first cruise back and it was no more unfortunately. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I also remember popovers that were so good at SeaDay Brunch.  Haven't seen those since the Restart.  Sad face😔

Those are a trick to fill you up lol. They used to put those out at the now shuttered (thanks to covid) Sterling Brunch at Bally's, they were so good people would fill up on them and champagne and then not eat as much. Shrewd move though.  😄 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 6:30 AM, sanmarcosman said:

There's steak and eggs but the petite filet mignon has sadly been replaced with the same strip loin served in the MDR on the "every night" section of the menu. It can't compare to the excellent filet mignon that was served.

The strip loin steaks are nasty. I had one in May that must have been the losing horse at Santa Anita! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

57 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I also remember popovers that were so good at SeaDay Brunch.  Haven't seen those since the Restart.  Sad face😔

They were great. Then I kept getting burned popovers and some hard as a rock. Then they disappeared altogether. I guess it's hard to get a good popover chef!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

The strip loin steaks are nasty. I had one in May that must have been the losing horse at Santa Anita! 

Or It's just another brick in the wall.

6 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

"Off the Wall" is a Michael Jackson album.

Now weave that into the narrative!

Don't try to fight it. There ain't nothing that you can do.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Or It's just another brick in the wall.

Don't try to fight it. There ain't nothing that you can do.

My hand was comfortably numb trying to saw through all the gristle 🤣

• Haha 8