Captain Morgan on Panorama?

thanna

Carnival has not had some liquor including Captain Morgan rum due to supply chain issues. I was wondering if it had got any better?

We were on Holland America (a carnival brand) a couple weeks ago and there was no issue at all. 

We are on the Panorama next week and I need to know if I need to make other arrangements.

Don’t hold your breath waiting for Capt. Morgan’s. They keep telling everyone that it is a supply chain issue……….NOT!

We have been cruising every 6 weeks since last August when cruising opened back up. Same story about supply issues. Recently I was talking to one of the beverage directors on the liberty, true story is that the distributors of Capt. Morgan’s won’t discount to Carnival anymore so Carnival has stopped carrying it all together. You won’t see it on any Carnival ship.

My husband has accused me of cheating on Captain Morgan with Admiral Nelson sometimes.  No questions will be answered about Sailor Jerry, though. 🤪  In all seriousness, the last Carnival sailing we were on in March had Kraken rum which I prefer over the others.

Edited by Tradestock
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Bring a 12 pack of vanilla Coke if you really want something tasty. Great for spiced rum and goes great with bourbon also. Vanilla Coke and Makers Mark or Sailor Jerry's is a fantastic combo. 

That's a great idea.  Will give it a try, before the next trip.  I'm sure my not so discerning palate will be happy.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks to everyone the replied. I will make "other arrangements" and I do find Kraken to be a least tolerable. Strange that Holland America has a lower priced drink package but can afford Captain Morgan. 

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

Yeah...they are certainly limiting the bar menu.  They are still claiming Crown is hard to get.

This was a big issue for hubby on the Vista in April. Interestingly the supply issue didn’t affect the Fun Shops, plenty of Crown in there for sale. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by LaRue1975

I'm starting to think Carnival is just blaming any shortcomings on "supply chain issues" or "staffing issues". Which apparently other lines, including those under their own corporate umbrella, do not seem to be having nearly as many problems.

Slightly off-topic since we're talking about availability on the ship, but for those who like Captain, I highly recommend George Ocean spiced rum. In fact, I don't buy Captain Morgan anymore -- this stuff has taken its place. It's a little smoother, and has a really nice subtle vanilla aftertaste.

8897457192990.png

9 hours ago, LaRue1975 said:

Interestingly the supply issue didn’t affect the Fun Shops, plenty of Crown in there for sale. 🤷‍♀️

9 hours ago, bguppies said:

I'm starting to think Carnival is just blaming any shortcomings on "supply chain issues" or "staffing issues". Which apparently other lines, including those under their own corporate umbrella, do not seem to be having nearly as many problems.

With so many people having Cheers or Drinks On Us, saying they don't have or can't get Crown is just a way to get people to trade down to cheaper liquor if the distributor(s) won't negotiate lower prices... reducing expenses against the fixed revenue those programs without the optics of raising the Cheers price and/or  lowering the maximum drink price under Cheers. 

3 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

With so many people having Cheers or Drinks On Us, saying they don't have or can't get Crown is just a way to get people to trade down to cheaper liquor if the distributor(s) won't negotiate lower prices... reducing expenses against the fixed revenue those programs without the optics of raising the Cheers price and/or  lowering the maximum drink price under Cheers. 

You are probably right.  Our last two cruises including the Elation 3 weeks ago the Canadian choice was Seagrams 7 which is roughly half the price of Crown.  They had plenty of Crown to sell you in the shops though.