Anchorage airport baggage check

smattapup

We understand there is a baggage check at the Anchorage airport. Has anyone used this? We'd like to know what it costs and whether you can keep bags there all day.

Thanks.

The web site for the Anchorage Airport indicates that there is baggage service in the domestic flight area from 5am -2am. They don't indicate prices, but the web site gives the phone number of the company providing the service :

Huntleigh USA

3801 W. 43rd Avenue

Anchorage, Alaska 99517

phone_icon.gif (907) 248-0373

For my cruise in May, I have been told that the shuttle from Whittier to Anchorage will stop at the Egan Center in the late morning and I will be able to store luggage there until the shuttle returns later to take me to the airport.

The Egan Center closes at 6pm so you will need to retrieve your luggage before that time. The rates for luggage storage with Huntleigh are per piece, each 24hr period. They are as follows: The cost for small bags is $5 (carry-ons) and $7 for larger bags. They also have a freezer service available for $10 per day. They operate independently from the airlines, cruise lines and the airport.They are located in the luggage claim area of the domestic terminal. You will need a picture ID and proof of your flight departure in order to use their facility.

Archived