Cape Liberty to JFK, recommendations

daveyip

Hi,

Sorry, if this has been answered before, I read through much of the forum.

We are finishing our cruise at the end of the month, ending at Cape Liberty. I was thinking of getting a shuttle or a car via carmellimo or dial7

There seems to be a big difference between pricing between them. On a UK review site, carmellimo don't get very good reviews. Are either of them very good and how much you expect to pay for a ride from cape liberty to JFK?

Thanks David

28 minutes ago, daveyip said:

There seems to be a big difference between pricing between them. On a UK review site, carmellimo don't get very good reviews. Are either of them very good and how much you expect to pay for a ride from cape liberty to JFK?

Dial 7 and Carmel are essentially the same thing-- 3rd party car service aggregators. They don't own or operate the cars you are going to be in or employ the drivers so quality can vary significantly. They are fine for a quick trip like this and tend to be a little lower priced than a brick and mortar black car service (which might have somewhat newer cars). 

The other option here is Uber or Lyft. These you can just call on demand when you disembark and are priced pretty much the same as Dial7/Carmel at around $90 from Cape Liberty to JFK. 

I usually use Uber for most things but with an exodus of passengers coming off a big ship at once, Dial 7 or Carmel prebooked might be a good option here.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

Dial 7 and Carmel are essentially the same thing-- 3rd party car service aggregators. They don't own or operate the cars you are going to be in or employ the drivers so quality can vary significantly. They are fine for a quick trip like this and tend to be a little lower priced than a brick and mortar black car service (which might have somewhat newer cars). 

The other option here is Uber or Lyft. These you can just call on demand when you disembark and are priced pretty much the same as Dial7/Carmel at around $90 from Cape Liberty to JFK. 

I usually use Uber for most things but with an exodus of passengers coming off a big ship at once, Dial 7 or Carmel prebooked might be a good option here.  

Thanks for your quick reply!

I didn't realise that they were aggregators, makes sense with the up and down reviews!

I'll have a crack at carmel - we can always call an Uber if we get stuck