The book by the Captain's wife???

starketcher

It is published by Update Plus. My copy says to order it:

or

E-mail: uponthesea@yahoo.com

or write: Joyce Gleeson-Adamidas (Book Order)

5640 Puite Ct.

Mariposa, CA 95338

I guess this last is her parents home since she lives in Pireas with the Captain.

or - you could always try amazon.com

They are living in Athens now. I email with Joyce fairly regularly. When I ordered at the end of last year, her assistant said there were very few copies left. You can always email Joyce at the address above and ask.

I have an autographed copy of "If I were not upon the sea" by Joyce Gleeson-Adamidis that I bought on Celebrity Horizon two years ago. It is a good read. If you can't find a copy I will part with mine but you will need to contact me within two weeks as I am then off to Europe.

You can buy this book onboard all the Celebrity ships. I had contacted Joyce about purchasing it from her and she said why not just buy it on the ship to save the shipping costs. If you don't see it in the general store just ask.

I bought a copy for my father as a gift, and then read it after he was done. I hate to say it, but I didn't like it all - very poorly written IMHO. The subject was interesting, but I just didn't feel she was much of a writer (neither did my father). But each to their own opinion!

Cathy

Archived