Phone cards to use in Mexico

starketcher

We will be traveling in 2 months. I will be calling home checking on my mama while I am gone. I was not able to use my verizon nor my ATT calling card. What is the name of the Mexican phone card (comparable to ATT) that I would be able to use in Coz and Costa Maya?

Just ask just about any shop/convenient type store. They have phone dcards that work in their public phones. There is telemex, and another phone company. You have to use the right card in the right phone. The rates are pretty good. A five or ten dollar phone should last you a while. They usually have really neat pictures on them. I save them as souvenirs.

Ask the crew or ask around when you get off, for the nearest phone/internet cafe station. You call from a private booth and pay by the minute, around 95 cents a minute. This is what the crew uses, it is easy and works. I would not trust putting any kind of card in a pay phone.

Archived