Meraviglia Balinese massage question

smokeykat

Thinking of booking a massage but I have never had a Balinese massage. How is the experience? What is the difference between Balinese massage and Swedish massage?

The price seems to good to pass up right now pre cruise 🙂 curious as to how your experience was on MSC ships.

Thanks

On 12/25/2022 at 5:47 PM, smokeykat said:

Thinking of booking a massage but I have never had a Balinese massage. How is the experience? What is the difference between Balinese massage and Swedish massage?

The price seems to good to pass up right now pre cruise 🙂 curious as to how your experience was on MSC ships.

Thanks

We have had many Balinese Massages on various MSC ships. We have always enjoyed them and ask for a couples massage. They start off by giving you blue paper thongs to wear! Bit different for us -always makes us laugh as they are very skimpy!

We have always felt really chilled out after the massage.
A couple of times, towards the end, the masseuse have asked us, if we want to pay more for extra time. This seems a bit unfair, as by that time, all you want is for it to last forever!   We have booked for another Balinese massage for our next cruise in a couple of weeks and will just request them not to ask us this question. 50 minutes is fine. 
I agree the price is good for the massage, especially for a cruise ship, so this is why we treat ourselves. 
I hope this is more of a helpful insight, than even Google could provide! 😜

Thank you for your insight! I think we will try this type of massage. We aways get a Swedish massage but this seems so relaxing. I was wondering about the stomach area massaging as I am prone to being ticklish and I don't want to start laughing!