I'm sorry, but I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!!

hopelea

Excited is not the word!! I begged my husband to go for our honeymoon, over ten years ago :eek:. Finally we are going!! We leave for Seattle 3 months from today!! Then we'll go to Van to get on the Diamond. I have driven my husband and kids crazy!! I am constantly looking for clothes for Alaska, binoculars for Alaska, books about Alaska, well you get the picture. :rolleyes:

Hey all you Texans..We are in the Dallas area.:) :D Cruisechick82..we are on the Sernade the week before you..we'll try to keep it clean and nice for you.;) :p

Actually it looks like you are on there one month and a week before us. I will be looking for a trip report and review on here from you before we go! :)

Sounds like I have alot of good company here. We are leaving on Aug. 25 on the Zaandam. This will be our first cruise on Hal and our first to Alaska as well.

My DH can not seem to get excited about Alaska as he is a warm weather cruiser. I say just let me on and I am good to go!

Oh well, I think it was worth it to my partner tho, just to not hear me say the words 'Alaska' or "Canada" for a day or so..I think she'd have morgaged the house:p

I need to get your partner to talk to mine. I even tried to compromise by suggesting a trip to Vegas next week instead of a cruise and somehow she talked me into spring cleaning instead. :eek:

Ladysheri,

I see that you sailed on Sapphire Princess last year. We also sailed this ship last June and decided to go back on her again this year. We will have a group of 10 with a precruise landtour. It looks like the addiction is pretty widespread. If I could only come up with a pill for it, I could retire and sail more.

The more research that I do on Alaska, the more places and things I want to do. I now understand why so many say it's not a once in a lifetime trip (if only the finances would allow). Hope all have a wonderful time.

Bruce

Actually it looks like you are on there one month and a week before us. I will be looking for a trip report and review on here from you before we go!

My mistake..you are right:) There fore I have no control over what happens in the weeks after we leave, before you go...perhaps I should extend my cruise, so I know the ship will be safe for you:p ;) :p ;)

I need to get your partner to talk to mine. I even tried to compromise by suggesting a trip to Vegas next week instead of a cruise and somehow she talked me into spring cleaning instead. :eek:

Well you got jipped!!! Lemme see, LasVegas vs. Spring cleaning...

hummm...you could , I guess, make a gambleing game out of that ...you could say something like..."Honey, I bet you $50, that you will have a more pleasent time if you take me out of town, than if we stay here and clean!!";) ;) ;) (hehehehe):cool:

My mistake..you are right:) There fore I have no control over what happens in the weeks after we leave, before you go...perhaps I should extend my cruise, so I know the ship will be safe for you:p ;) :p ;)

Good idea! Or maybe we should cancel and rebook the week after you so we have one month less to wait! Although that woudl be pretty expensive as I know that even for our late sailing date prices have gone up and up!

It is so nice to know that there are others that are addicted and excited.

I have 11 weeks until I sail. I would love to get a suitcase out, but it seems a little early. (plus it will upset my cat!:rolleyes: )

I have 11 weeks until I sail. I would love to get a suitcase out, but it seems a little early. (plus it will upset my cat!:rolleyes: )

My suitcase has been on the couch for 3 weeks and the cat is very happy. :D

Just try it. I'm sure your cat will love it too. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

You are not alone. Four months from today, at this time of evening, we should have just left Juneau enroute to Skagway. Hopefully I will be sitting comfortably going through the digital pics I took on the floatplane glacier tour!!

These posts are a delight to read, especially the excitement people have on making a trip to Alaska.

I've been an Alaskan resident since 1972; my wife moved here in 1986. After retiring from teaching careers (University and High School) in Alaska, we decided to pursue interests in sharing our love and knowledge of our home state with visitors from all over the world. This year we are doing a stint as naturalists again on a Vancouver-Seward trip in August.

The best part of the job is meeting people, pointing out the sights, doing presentations, and just talking about Alaska. It's fun to see the excitement when people see a glacier calve, spot a humpback whale or bald eagle, see McKinley/Denali from the shuttle bus at the national park, or talk about how much sunlight is here in the summer months. We recognize that many people are on the dream trip of a lifetime so we do our best to add to the experience.

Hope all of you enjoy your visit to this very special place.

I just checked and we're leaving on our Alaska cruise in 490 days
We'll be getting off when you get on (July 4, 2007). That is unless you don't mind if I camp out in your closet :D

I'm pretty good at driving people nuts about my cruises and we have a long way to go - BUT - my 15 yo special needs son is REALLY driving me CRAZY. He lets me know every day how many days we have left - it really is driving me nuts knowing it is sooooooo many days away. I know it will be here before I know it and then it will be over even sooner. :mad:

haha. this made me chuckle. . . . :D

I was afraid to admit it. I am totally obcessed with Alaska and the info I can find on this website. I now am having Domino's deliver to the computer room. They ring once and walk in so I din't have to leave my computer. I have to only make breakfast. My chair lounges back for sleep !!

:D All I wanted to say is, "I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY CRUISE TO ALASKA."

How do I stop thinking and obsessing about my upcoming cruise. I am driving my family nuts. They keep saying "mom we have two months left, let's talk about this later!" I feel like my life is consumed with Alaska. I try my best to NOT talk about it at work. I know my co-workers don't want to hear about all my wonderful plans! :p

There must be a cure for this! :D

How are you doing, hopelea? Cruise time is getting closer and closer for you!

I look through my pictures from last year almost daily, I listen to Johnny Horton's "North to Alaska" song and Enya's "Orinoco Flow" several times a day. I am so ready to sail away north to Alaska once again!

Now it's back to work and the real world until our cruising date arrives!

I am doing great.........thanks for asking. Just got our documents today. Really happy about that. It really makes it seem closer. I would love to get a suitcase down to start putting things in, but my family thinks I am crazy. So, I have been hiding things in my closet that I know I will need :D .

8 weeks to go..................

:D I talked one of my coworkers into going on this Alaska cruise.it is both of our's first cruise.We know all of our other co-workers are getting sick of hearing about all the things we are going to see and do.I can't stop reading about all the nice things other cc members are saying about Alaska.I CAN'T WAIT!!:) SAILING 06/04/06

I am doing great.........thanks for asking. Just got our documents today. Really happy about that. It really makes it seem closer. I would love to get a suitcase down to start putting things in, but my family thinks I am crazy. So, I have been hiding things in my closet that I know I will need :D .

8 weeks to go..................

That's great! Won't your suitcase fit under your bed? Then you could start packing incognito!

Don't forget that I'll be on the Star leaving a day after you. We'll meet up in Juneau (we arrive just before you leave) and in Skagway we'll be docked side by side!

So don't forget to wave at your fellow cruise critics on the Star! And take some pictures! I'll do the same! We're on Deck 8 on the stern of the ship overlooking the wake in our first AE penthouse (with a wrap-around balcony)!

Enjoy your cruise and hope you are able to get really close to Sawyer Glacier!

How do I get the count down thing on my post?:confused:

Go to one of the websites listed above the countdown on people's signature. Then create your own "countdown". Then come back to CC, go in to your profile and insert the web address provided from the original website where you made your own countdown. If you still have problems just let us know and someone will help you figure it out I'm sure. :D

Does anyone know if the refrig. in your cabin is filled with stuff or empty.I would like it to be empty so I could put my own water and stuff in it.Is this possible?:confused:

Not sure about NCL, but on Celebrity the fridges are full and you can have the steward remove the items. I would think you can probably do the same on NCL. Try searching the NCL boards, and someone might have info on it there. :D

Archived