Leaving from Galveston?

hallebelle

Hi, We flew into Houston Hobby on Feb 18th. We took a limo (Galveston Limo) to Galveston. Limo's in Texas are large passenger vans. Fine for the six of us. It was $125 each way. (we tipped $25) They met us on the other end for transfer back. It takes approx 1 hr travel time. Enjoy!

Fly into Houston. Hobby is closest but not all airlines fly into there. Other airport located on north side of Houston is Bush-Intercontinental.

Dallas is about a 4-4 1/2 hour drive to Galveston.

We live in the Dallas, Ft. Worth area and the previous posts are correct. From Dallas it takes 4-5 hours to drive to Galveston. From Houston it's about an hour or so depending on traffic. You can also fly into Austin which is about halfway between Dallas and Galveston. San Antonio isn't too far of a drive either. The best way to get from one of these airports to the cruise terminal is really to just do a one day car rental for the trip up and then a one day car rental for the trip back. There's a car rental place right there at the cruise terminal but I can't think of it's name. Just go to the website for the cruise terminal in Galveston and it will have the info. for you.;)

Coach USA has cruise shuttles out of both Houston Hobby and George Bush. Their website only shows the Hobby Shuttle ($49 round trip), but I spoke with them today and they said they have a new shuttle out of George Bush for $59 roundtrip. I made reservations for the George Bush shuttle on 3/26. You leave the airport at 12pm and get to the port around 2. Hertz wanted $110 one-way for a rental car...ripoff maybe?

http://houston.coachusa.us/

1800-334-4441

Randy Otts was awsome in setting it up.

According to the info I have, Enterprise Car Rental has a desk in terminal number 1. This is the terminal that Carnival and Princess uses. Terminal number 2 is used by Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. The two cruise terminals are very close to each other, although I am not sure they are walking distance when carrying about 6 suitcases. When you rent a car in Houston at Hobby, you will return it at the Enterprise location in Galveston (not at the pier) and they will take you to your cruise pier. When you return, I understand that you go to the desk in terminal #1 to pick up your car for the return trip to Houston. Enterprise usually charges $40.00 drop off fee for cars to/from Galveston, plus normal daily charge for the car you rent). The drop off fee may or may not be applied, depending on their inventory and where the cars are located.

We are going to Galvston two days early and our rental from Enterprise for a Pontiac Grand AM is $48.39 pre-cruise, and $109.84 for the return trip to Houston post-cruise. This is the most convenient mode of transportation and gives us more control over where and when we travel.

(I hope! :D )

In order to do one-way rentals, you will have to call Enterprise, as their booking engine on the internet won't handle one ways.

Hypo

We used Enterprise last month for our Elaition cruise (2/20-2/25). Flew into Hobby on Sunday and picked up a Dodge Neon for $19.95 a day ($26 with tax and fees). There was suppose to be a dropoff fee of $40 but when DH took the car back to Enterprise (not located at the pier but they do shuttle you back to the pier) there were folks lined up out the door waiting for vehicles so they waived it. Guess we just hit it at the right time. On our return we took one of the Galveston Limo shuttles back to Hobby for $30 each.

Archived