Transfer from Marseille train station to Marseille cruise port

dorothyp

A group of us (10+ people) are taking a cruise from Marseille on the Norwegian Epic on October 3, 2023.  We are flying into and out of Paris.  We will be taking the high speed train to Marseille.

What is the best way to transfer to the cruise port from the Marseille train station.  I have read online that some people say just grab a taxi.  I am concerned that having to wait for multiple taxis will eat up a lot of our time.   Especially when disembarking and we are waiting along with the other passengers.  Are there any transfer services in Marseille?  I have not been able to find any.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Unsure which wording you searched with  and came up with nothing.  Maybe you could try tweaking the words you are using in your internet search?

I just now tried searching with "private minbus(or minivan)  transfers from Marseille port to Marseille" and a small number popped up in results, so similar wording might bring more success in your search.

• Like 1

I think in Marseille, grabbing a few taxis is going to be your best option.  Also beware that the TGV trains can sometimes run late, and this is not a good thing if you are planning to arrive on the day of a cruise.  Take an early train, of even consider taking a train the day before your cruise and spending the pre-cruise night in a local hotel.  Also make sure to check on any scheduled strikes or slow downs as you near your actual travel date.  Just to give you some idea of what this all means, there is a scheduled strike on Feb 16, March 7 and March 8.  Being France this may or may not happen of there might be additions to the list.  

I must admit to finding the Feb 16 strike announcement amusing.  They say that 4 out of 5 trains (on average) will be impacted.  Whether one's train is among those effected is somewhat of a mystery.  As a frequent traveler in France and Italy, I still prefer to have a rental car as I do not go on strike!  :).

Hank