NCL Encore small ship up close to Glacier ?

Figg1437

I was reading about the Tracy Arm trip from Juneau and how being in a small boat close to the glacier is amazing and you also have great wildlife opportunities.  Does anyone know if they offer this for the Encore?  We are only in Juneau 230-11.  Do they stop and let anyone out for the one way early that day?  Do they have time for the full round trip? 

Or- do they offer small boat options inside Glacier Bay for that “at sea” Glacier viewing day? 

No, it will not be offered from Juneau for that time frame.  If it is available for the Encore it will be listed as one of your shore excursions and you will board the small boat from your cruise ship as you sail into Tracy Arm.  

And no, there is no small boat excursion in GLBA.  The ship can approach quite close to Margerie Glacier.

Yes NCL/allen marine offer a round trip to Tracy arm from the Encore while in Juneau if you look under Juneau excursions it's called  "Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer" for best results this trip would be best done in middle summer with long day light hours as it leaves the ship at 3:15pm and a 7 hours long round trip.

I have done the 1 way trip from the jewel 3 times and it is BY FAR the best excursion I have ever been on in my 4 cruises to Alaska  "my opinion of course" we've seen whales, bear, mountain goats and more seals and their pups than I can count not to mention sitting much closer to the glacier drifting with the engines off. They may also offer glacierita's (margarita made from glacier ice) if you ask!

Edited by spotfish
  • Like 1

Thank you! This is the excursion I’m looking for.    If we will most likely see a whale plus all of the other great things about being close to the glacier it sounds great.  We are also considering just whale watching but love all the scenery of this trip.   Time will tell if they will offer it in early May when we are going in 2024

20 hours ago, Figg1437 said:

Thank you! This is the excursion I’m looking for.    If we will most likely see a whale plus all of the other great things about being close to the glacier it sounds great.  We are also considering just whale watching but love all the scenery of this trip.   Time will tell if they will offer it in early May when we are going in 2024

I highly recommend the Tracy Arm tour!