Balcony Guarantee or Obstructed Balcony?

odiesam

I need experienced Carnival Miracle (Spirit-type) cruisers advice. I am torn between booking a Balcony Guarantee and the 7A category - the balcony with the obstructed view. Which would you recommend? With the balcony guarantee, aren't I guaranteed a better balcony than the 7A? Is there such a thing as a bad balcony on these ships? I am not that worried about noise (being located over something or near elevators). How bad is the balcony on the 7As? Are you able to sit out and enjoy it or are the lifeboats in the way?

Thanks for the advice.

Hi,

We were on the Miracle January 1st/06. We had booked a 7A GTY, about two months before the cruise, we were upgraded to an 8G extended balc. Our kids were in a 7A and the boats were up to the top of the railing but not over it. It is alright if you can get a deal on it. Book whatever you would be satisfied with. We would book 7A GTY again.

Brenda

If the balcony guarantee is 8A or better, then I would take that.

If you book a 7A guarantee, you have the chance of a higher level cabin, as happened to saucimayok - but you also have the chance of getting a 7A, exactly what you booked. That's why we booked an 8A guarantee - while we may get a higher level, we won't get a level lower than we booked.

A balc guarantee and an 8A guarantee are different things. When booking a balc guarantee you will receive no less than an 8A cabin. I was told this by Carnival when I booked my balc guarantee on the Pride. We have also stayed in a category 7A on the Spirit. I would book eth 7A if the savings were there. See pics of both cabins here:

http://community.webshots.com/user/mohavemommy

We were originally booked Cat 8L (Balcony Guarantee) for our upcoming Pride cruise for NYE. However, Carnival had a one day price drop and I was able to get a 7a for a savings of $400 total. To me, the lesser view was worth the price drop as prices are now higher than when we originally booked. Our friend just booked a 7A across the hall from us and is paying $600 more than we are.

As an added bonus, I asked my TA to check 5236. It wasn't showing as available, but it was worth the shot because it WAS available. So, even though our view is obstructed, we have a huge balcony for the price of a 7a - we are so excited!!

So, in a nutshell - the price difference made our decision easy and the extended balcony was a bonus. You might check to see if one of the extended balcony cabins are available.

... as an added bonus, I asked my TA to check 5236. It wasn't showing as available, but it was worth the shot because it WAS available. So, even though our view is obstructed, we have a huge balcony for the price of a 7a - we are so excited!!

I asked about cabin 5236 a couple of years ago on these boards and was emailed these pics:

I was just on the Miracle and I had an obstructed view room 5175. My life boat did not have a top so I could see really well. My friend had room 5155 her boat did have a top, it made it harder to see. I would def. book it again.

I would only take obstructed view balcony if the choice was that or OV (you know the window). An open door is better than a window. But for my money I'd take the balcony guarantee (you'll get a cat 8 something)over the 7A anyday. Keep your eye on the price and ask for an onboard credit if you see that the price for the guarantees goes down.

I had a 7A on the Legend and was lucky enough that my view was not bad (kinda between the boats) but we noticed that the boats were tended to by the crew regularly and that was an annoyance because they could look right into your room.

I was just on the Miracle and I had an obstructed view room 5175. My life boat did not have a top so I could see really well. My friend had room 5155 her boat did have a top, it made it harder to see. I would def. book it again.

I have this cabin for an upcoming cruise and have a couple of questions.

Did you make use of the sofa bed and if so, how comfortable was it?

Were there any significant problems with this cabin, such as smell, leaking plumbing, ect.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

I have this cabin for an upcoming cruise and have a couple of questions. Did you make use of the sofa bed and if so, how comfortable was it? Thanks in advance for the answers.

I want to know too! Hopefully someone can answer this question.:)

I am watching the prices - I am about 3 weeks outside of final payment and I can't help but notice how the prices seem to drop significantly after final payment. I have been watching for the last month and have seen this happen with the busy spring break sailings. Taking this into account - would you advise me to cancel sailing before final payment (as long as there continues to be a lot of availability) and then wait until after the final payment day passes then book - especially since I am looking at a guarantee and not a specific cabin anyway. I am looking at a mid-June Miracle cruise. Thanks in advance.

Archived