NutriSystem

SingBill

My husband and I started on 4/20/06. As of today I am down 11lbs and he is down 20! We both still have a way to go, but our cruise is not until October so we have time. I have trouble getting all of the water in also!

I have not done ANY exercise and I stopped drinking all the water after week one and I have lost 22 lbs. since the end of Jan:D (with cheating here and there too:p ).

I realize tastes differ but what are the best/worst choices in Nutrissytem and how much choice do you have?

I am looking at several options now to lose some weight before my cruise and am have been considering nutrisystem/Jenny Craig for awhile but havent taken the plunge.

There are a lot of choices and to tell you the truth most of them I didn't like. But like you said, everyone's taste is different. Here's my suggestion. First order, select a wide variety so you know what you like and don't like to edit your next order. If you have a couple of things left over that you know you don't like at all, they let you exchange them if you do it within 30 days. They did it for me. Every now and then they come out with new things so keep checking on line and edit your order. Their cereals are good -- even the pancakes. The burgers are great. I doctor it up with sauteed mushrooms and a piece of fat free swiss. Their ravioli and lasagna are great (and I'm Italian). I didn't like any of the soups or pastas that you have to add water too. Their chicken noodle soup is very, very good as is the beef vegetable. Beef Strognaoff is good too. Hope all this helps. I can't believe I'm back to my old size again. I'm keeping at it until my cruise (I also delayed my next order because I'll be away for 12 days). I'll continue for one month after cruise to lose what I gained on the cruise:eek: Then after that I will stop and just maintain what I've lost. Once you read the booklet, you'll see it doesn't seem that hard to do it on your own. Lots of Luck:)

• 2 months later...
How long do you think it will take to lose 20-30lbs. Has anyone tried this without exercising?

I lost 21 lbs in 4 months without exercising and cheating on one meal one or two times a week.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on NS for a month, I have lost 9lbs. I even sub my own diet meals now and then. I think NS is great and plan on using it to maintain my weight from now on. Its very healthy, especially because you are adding salads, veggies, dairy, fruit and drinking 2 qts of water.

If you have any questions, there is a great message board at the nutrisystem website. You have to sign up giving phone and email, but I have not been contacted at all.

Also, there is another message board created by a huge NS fan. This board has a place for members to vote on each meal from NS. So you can see if people like or hate a meal. It has info on doing NS without buying the food.

http://s2.forumforfree.com/jazzman.html

Archived