Gift ideas please

RTR 21-0

Many moons ago as a young girl a family member stationed in Germany sent me a lovely wooden music box.  It is still a treasured gift.  We will soon be traveling for the 1st time to Rome, with stops in Naples, Corfu, Dubrovnik, Kotor and Zakinthos.  Our grandchildren (boy & girl) are only 3 months and 20 months but we’d like to find something for them in Italy or one of the other ports that might also hold a special place for them when they’re older.  Any suggestions on items we can look for?  I think my go to for the granddaughter would be similar to the music box such as mine but would love other ideas for her and especially our grandson. Planning on looking for soap or scarves for the ladies on my list and wondering if anyone has suggestions on small packable gifts for men?  Thanks in advance! 

If you are going to Sorrento, they specialize in beautiful wooden inlaid boxes, including some that are music boxes. Could be appropriate, depending on design, for either girl or boy.

A very packable gift for a man from Rome might be a beautiful silk tie. Rome is home to many fashion designers for men and I always feel like the designs for men are nicer than for women (unlike Paris)!  Small leather goods, like a wallet, might also be good.

• Like 1

In Dubrovnik look around the shops in the old town. When we visited 2019 there was a couple of Christmas shops yes in July. They had little wooden ornaments and decorations. Some lovely pieces on display.....hubby had to limit me to a couple of pieces. 

• Like 1

Malleykatt, appreciate the info on the Christmas shop.  Love to get an ornament in each port.  My husband better close his eyes b/c we are going to 5 ports and staying in Rome pre and post cruise.  Going to be lots of ornaments purchased lol.  

We have bought several inlaid wood boxes in Sorrento from GS Gargiulo Inlaid, Via Fuoro, 33, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy, https://www.gargiuloinlaid.it/. Small father and son shop. We make a point of stopping there when we are in Sorrento. Very friendly, good quality and reasonable prices. We bring several home for ourselves and for gifts.

• Like 1

You could visit Christmas Street in Naples (reviews, images and location to be found if you google)and buy hand crafted ornaments or a small nativity scene.

Every Christmas we still bring out the small one we bought there on our first visit over 20 years ago.

• Like 1