The Catch by Rudi Menu

Kay.redmann

We did The Catch on the Sky for our Thanksgiving dinner on a TA crossing in 2023. That felt really strange not having the traditional turkey dinner but as always, it was a great meal. We've done The Catch I believe 4 times now. The only downside is the noise from the Piazza. At times it was difficult to have a normal level conversation with table mates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 5 months later...

Hi all, 

I'm on Princess Majestic sailing from Seattle to Alaska.

I have premier package along with Reserve Collection mini suite stateroom.

My daughter and I had our casual lunch dining at Catch by Rudi (09/14/24), we had casual dining sushi lunch which was included in my package and I also ordered 6 pcs oysters which I found out I was charged $48.00 plus 18% service fees, that came out as total of $56.64, I went to Catch by Rudi for the wrongful charges and the chef said it is $48.00 for 6 pieces, I went to the service desk for help but they can't make an adjustment on ship but sent an email to the office at the shore for help.

Where in the world a oyster is costed $8.00 a piece...

I have to sit and wait for the answer from office until then there in no law but whatever chef counts. 🤨

Please check the price before you order.

12 minutes ago, plumtree888 said:

Hi all, 

My daughter and I had our casual lunch dining at Catch by Rudi (09/14/24), we had casual dining sushi lunch which was included in my package and I also ordered 6 pcs oysters which I found out I was charged $48.00 plus 18% service fees, that came out as total of $56.64, I went to Catch by Rudi for the wrongful charges and the chef said it is $48.00 for 6 pieces, I went to the service desk for help but they can't make an adjustment on ship but sent an email to the office at the shore for help.

I have to sit and wait for the answer from office until then there in no law but whatever chef counts. 🤨

Did you even look at the menu ?  It clearly states a surcharge applies. I can show you many places where oysters can be as high as $10 each. If you had asked what the surcharge was you might have ordered differently. You have only yourself to blame

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, plumtree888 said:

Hi all, 

Sorry but the casual lunch doesn’t include the extra items you ordered.  So, they were not wrongful charges.  
You are correct about checking prices, or at least asking about prices before you order.  The sushi lunch is included, extra items are not.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Sorry but the casual lunch doesn’t include the extra items you ordered.  So, they were not wrongful charges.  
You are correct about checking prices, or at least asking about prices before you order.  The sushi lunch is included, extra items are not.  

I totally understand the extra charges for items that aren't included in the package but how could it be so different between the price on ocean now order vs price at the dining room?? $18 vs $ 48?

Screenshot_20240914_182233_Princess.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, memoak said:

Did you even look at the menu ?  It clearly states a surcharge applies. I can show you many places where oysters can be as high as $10 each. If you had asked what the surcharge was you might have ordered differently. You have only yourself to blame

Thank you for your comment. 

I didn't get it the price on the ocean now $18 can be so different as order in the dining room. I will order 24 oysters for dinner to offset the ripoff. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, plumtree888 said:

I totally understand the extra charges for items that aren't included in the package but how could it be so different between the price on ocean now order vs price at the dining room?? $18 vs $ 48?

Oh my word .. now that you explain it, I think you got charged for the casual dining fees as well.  That’s what it looks like anyway.  
$18 for the oysters and 14.99 for two price fixed meals casual meals.  It definitely looks like you should receive the overcharge of $30 + 18% back if you haven’t used your casual dining beyond the limit of your package.  

Based on these pictures of the menu for The Catch, it has changed quite a bit from the original with fewer selections.  The Sole is no longer there nor the lobster appetizer.  Also, missing the Triple S shrimp, scallops and salmon.  I'm going to have to re-evaluate my choices and possibly go back to the Crown Grille on our next cruise.  Going to have to run this by my son and his girlfriend.  Thanks for posting these menus.

4 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

Based on these pictures of the menu for The Catch, it has changed quite a bit from the original with fewer selections.  The Sole is no longer there nor the lobster appetizer.  Also, missing the Triple S shrimp, scallops and salmon.  I'm going to have to re-evaluate my choices and possibly go back to the Crown Grille on our next cruise.  Going to have to run this by my son and his girlfriend.  Thanks for posting these menus.

The prawns are also missing from the mains 😔

7 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

The prawns are also missing from the mains 😔

Yes and a couple of other things too.  I was wanting to try the Sole or the Triple S but now that they are gone, not as excited as I was about trying the Catch.  We have always been pleased with the Crown Grille.

2 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

Yes and a couple of other things too.  I was wanting to try the Sole or the Triple S but now that they are gone, not as excited as I was about trying the Catch.  We have always been pleased with the Crown Grille.

The. Crown Grill has also changed. They appear to have dropped the veal chop. That, the sole, and the prawns were the only things that really interested me.

@TorfammAt the Crown Grille I always had the Sea Bass or the Surf and Turf or just the lobster so as long as they are still on there, we will do OK.  But my reservations are for The Catch.  Now thinking maybe I should cancel and make one at the Crown Grille.  Our cruise isn't until Feb 23 so still have some time to decide.  Thanks for the info on the Crown Grille dropping the veal chop.  My late husband used to enjoy that.

I think the Catch by Rudi menu posted in this thread is from The Sun, might be slightly different on other Princess ships.

@plumtree888 is on Majestic and ate casual lunch in Catch by Rudi as a “ pop up” for Sushi lunch. Plumtree888 also has Premier package.

Yes,oysters would be an extra cost for lunch or dinner. Definitely a price difference between plumtrrees888’s  ocean now menu and what she/ he was charged. 

Edited by arizonaperson

IMG_1608.thumb.jpeg.bd3cf3b079c8bd9296ae67e6f4b4424d.jpeg

IMG_1609.thumb.jpeg.198d2a6295d2db59be9c29f12531e6a2.jpeg

Here’s a menu from The Majestic ( Catch by Rudi) originally posted by eatsleepc… a review.

The Sun Princess has a different menu for the moment. I’ll post it as well for comparison.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

IMG_1609.thumb.jpeg.198d2a6295d2db59be9c29f12531e6a2.jpeg

Here’s a menu from The Majestic ( Catch by Rudi) originally posted by eatsleepc… a review.

The Sun Princess has a different menu for the moment. I’ll post it as well for comparison.

You would think that the newest ship in the fleet would have the better menu. 

• Like 2

Really hoping they expand the menu on the Sun to match the older ships when they move to their new space during the TA, with (hopefully) a full kitchen and not just the “pop-up” in the eatery it has been. 🤞

• Like 2

The menu for The Catch on the website is still the same as it was originally and so is the Crown Grille.  So I'm hoping that the menus are the original ones for the Caribbean sailings.  Will wait and see when we board or maybe someone will post the menus this fall and winter.  Thanks for all the information.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2024 at 4:11 PM, arizonaperson said:

So Question....If we order the Fantastic Journey with the $60 surcharge (for 2 people) can we order a Regular Entree as well or do we have to pay the extra $10 for that?

Also, the appetizer menu says "choose one", has anyone ordered extra appetizers and did you get charged?

19 minutes ago, moonstaring said:

For the fantastic journey, you pay $30 per person, but both of you do not have to order it, You may, but it can be made for one person and both of you enjoy it. You pay whatever the going rate is +18% gratuity/service charge  to dine at Catch by Rudi.  I believe it’s $39 per person on most ships.You get one appetizer , one entrée, & One dessert per person. The surcharges on the menu are in addition to the $39.

I am sure there are exceptions, to more than 1 appetizer, just have to ask when you get there.

You may reserve on the app ahead of your voyage.( pay at that time) as far as the surcharges, you will pay those the night of dining with your onboard credit card or onboard credit -whatever you have attached to your folio.

unless you have premier cruise package,then specialty dining included in package, May still make reservations though.

Edited by arizonaperson

30 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

For the fantastic journey, you pay $30 per person, but both of you do not have to order it, You may, but it can be made for one person and both of you enjoy it.

You pay whatever the going rate is +18% gratuity/service charge  to dine at Catch by Rudi.  I believe it’s $39 per person on most ships.You get one appetizer , one entrée, & One dessert per person. The surcharges on the menu are in addition to the $39.

I am sure there are exceptions, to more than 1 appetizer, just have to ask when you get there.

We have premier, so we have the speciality restaurant charge already covered, and we already decided we are both getting the Fantastic Journey (and paying the 60.00 for it). And we know how to make reservations.

My question was if anyone has gotten the Fantastic Journey (paid the surcharge) and also ordered a regular entree. Did you get charged for the regular entree or pay the $10 for additional entree charge?