Just back from Around the World in 80 days aboard Borealis

10 minutes ago, PeterWW said:

Many thanks for your reply, this is really helpful and I really appreciate it.

I guess I was just curious as to what/if anything Fred Olsen might lay on as special celebrations at various stages of the voyage, be it on board or even ashore in one of the ports of call. I know some other cruise lines do lay on special events (including one ashore) as part of their world voyage. 

We've booked a fair few excursions at various ports although at most we'll probably do our own thing (especially where it's a port we've been to before etc). This is the longest continuous voyage we've been on up to now (the previous longest being about 50 nights) and we're looking forward to it immensely, including the sea days actually. Thanks again.

I was hoping  they would fo something like Cunard do for passengers who are doing the full cruise. I know cunard have a separate lounge and on shore events but we didn't have that on Borealis. The cruise was only split into 2 legs though so nearly everyone was going all the way. This one has more legs and is longer so we will see what happens. No gratuities to pay on Cunard WC either, but the itinerary was not so appealing to us.

Thanks - Yes I too am crossing my fingers that they may do something on Bolette in this regard on the forthcoming World Cruise.. Like you I was thinking of Cunard as well (having cruised extensively with them myself in the past) and knowing what they provide on their world voyages as regards gratuities, World Cruise dinner etc.. So yes, being a newbie cruiser with Fred Olsen, this was on my mind when I was posed the question in the first place. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm exactly the same as you as regard what attracted me to the 2025 Fred Olsen world cruise on Bolette, it was very much the itinerary. It's a wonderful itinerary and certainly much more appealing than the itineraries on offer from Cunard on their World Voyage this coming year (and in some recent past years too for that matter). For that reason alone I'm very much looking forward to it. Also I know that Bolette is a wonderful ship staffed by superb crew (and I dare say Borealis is the same).

I have every reason to believe that the trip in just over 3 months time now will be a highly enjoyable and hugely memorable adventure - I'm so looking forward to it! I'm also of course looking forward to meeting new people (including hopefully your good self) and sharing with them what is undoubtedly an iconic travel experience.

On 9/24/2024 at 8:38 PM, PeterWW said:

Thanks - Yes I too am crossing my fingers that they may do something on Bolette in this regard on the forthcoming World Cruise.. Like you I was thinking of Cunard as well (having cruised extensively with them myself in the past) and knowing what they provide on their world voyages as regards gratuities, World Cruise dinner etc.. So yes, being a newbie cruiser with Fred Olsen, this was on my mind when I was posed the question in the first place. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I'm exactly the same as you as regard what attracted me to the 2025 Fred Olsen world cruise on Bolette, it was very much the itinerary. It's a wonderful itinerary and certainly much more appealing than the itineraries on offer from Cunard on their World Voyage this coming year (and in some recent past years too for that matter). For that reason alone I'm very much looking forward to it. Also I know that Bolette is a wonderful ship staffed by superb crew (and I dare say Borealis is the same).

I have every reason to believe that the trip in just over 3 months time now will be a highly enjoyable and hugely memorable adventure - I'm so looking forward to it! I'm also of course looking forward to meeting new people (including hopefully your good self) and sharing with them what is undoubtedly an iconic travel experience.

I am sure we will meet on board. Fred ships are very friendly. I see Cunard have had ro revise their itinerary due to the trouble in the Middle East. So pleased we are not transiting the suez even if we could. We have done it a few times. Didn't like the flies!