Canape Trays anyone ???

airlink diva

I have and wouldn't do it again.

LMAO Stir, once I read the full description, I decided against it... there are certain things that CAN be screwed up, and it really hit me that this tray was one of those things :p

There's so much FREE food available, I can't see ordering canape's. That's just me, though. :)

lol me too. I mean those things I can get from the buffet and bring back to my cabin-- room service also has vegetable and dip... chips and pretzels. Why pay for food when you can get it free.

Those strawberries that you are paying 12 bucks for--- cn be had at the specialty cafe 5 for 3 bucks. to have them sitting in your cabin waiting--they want 12 bucks

LMAO Stir, once I read the full description, I decided against it... there are certain things that CAN be screwed up, and it really hit me that this tray was one of those things :p

I ordered them for my parent's first cruise. We did the whole nine yards...Cat 12, Skipper's Club, flowers, canapes...what the hell was I thinkin'?

Even though they thought I was trying to collect on my inheritance by feeding them whipped fish on toast, now they want to get on the ship...in a Cat 12...every time I cruise.

Boy, Howdy...

They're not all gross, and they're not all fish. Some have ham (not whipped), cherry tomatoes, or cream cheese. I enjoyed having them out on my balcony with RCCL. But I'm not the one who paid for them, and I don't think it's worth the extra cost. But I definitely like them when they're free!

They're not all gross, and they're not all fish. Some have ham (not whipped), cherry tomatoes, or cream cheese. I enjoyed having them out on my balcony with RCCL. But I'm not the one who paid for them, and I don't think it's worth the extra cost. But I definitely like them when they're free!

Well, there you go...RCCL. Theirs were good.

Carnival's are yucky...

Hmmm. Y'all are really making me curious. Having owned a catering business for over 15 years, I've made probably 2,000 canape trays.

Can't say I've ever done any 'whipped fish':eek: .......what in the heck is that suppose to be?

Anybody got a link to the items on Carnival's canape tray? I'm real curious as to what is offered.

Here ya go Cotton- this is for the 3 doz-- there are three sizes. 3 -4 or 6 dozens ranging in prices of 16.00 22.00 or 28.00

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Gourmet+Delights

Carnival's Canape trays are served with cream cheese on French bread, truffle pate on white bread, sliced boiled egg on French bread, salmon mousse on white bread and last but not least, ham served on sliced white bread.

First thing I thought of was Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil. One of my favorite movie lines of all time, "Oh that Jim William has gone and killed some one. Canape??" Got to love southern hospitality.

I rate canapes this way: 1-RCCL, 2-Princess, 3-CCL.

Carnival's Canape trays are served with cream cheese on French bread, truffle pate on white bread, sliced boiled egg on French bread, salmon mousse on white bread and last but not least, ham served on sliced white bread.

Thx, friend. I think I'd have to pass on those canape trays. The salmon mousse must be what is referred to as whipped fish.:D I've made a lot of salmon and other seafood mousse in my day, but I think it's all in the seasoning - and presentation; same with pate's. None of what you have listed would appeal to me at all.:p

There's so much FREE food available, I can't see ordering canape's. That's just me, though. :)

im with sue.

there is plenty of free food on the lido deck when you board. food is one thing i would not spend money on to have in the cabin. once we dump our carry-on in the cabin we are out of there right away and investigating the ship anyway. im sure they are very good but not my choice for items to buy. a nice chilled bottle of wine waiting for me is more my preference :D

EWWWWWWW!!! Is that what they are?? :eek: Or is that a joke that I'm not picking up on? :confused:

No, canapes are not "whipped fish" (that definition is almost as classless as Carnival's actual canape selection.). Merriam Webster defines them as "an appetizer consisting of a piece of bread or toast or a cracker topped with a savory spread (as caviar or cheese)."

No, canapes are not "whipped fish" (that definition is almost as classless as Carnival's actual canape selection.). Merriam Webster defines them as "an appetizer consisting of a piece of bread or toast or a cracker topped with a savory spread (as caviar or cheese),"

Yes, I know what canapes are. :) I think you misunderstood my post. I was asking if the "whipped fish" description is what Carnival's canapes are made of. :)

I'm the one that called it whipped fish. :p

(Fish...being salmon...and the whipped part...Mousse. Neither one of which I'd touch with a 10 foot pole.)

Guess it's my weird sense of humor. After all, I laughed about someone saying "crap legs" instead of crab legs...

Sorry I'm not up to your caliber, Petey. :cool:

I'm the one that called it whipped fish. :p

(Fish...being salmon...and the whipped part...Mousee. Neither one of which I'd touch with a 10 foot pole.)

Guess it's my weird sense of humor. After all, I laughed about someone saying "crap legs" instead of crab legs...

Sorry I'm not up to your caliber, Petey. :cool:

I laughed at whipped fish too :p I mean, that's pretty much what I think of salmon mousse!! You just gave it a new name, it was hilarious!! LOL!!!!

Archived