Royal Caribbean wedding '07

Does anyone know how many weddings on sailing day that Royal Caribbean can have? My fiance want to book a cruise for March 10th but we wanted to wait til June. My only concern was that it may be too late and RC will tell me that they have met their wedding max for sailing day.

Please help!

Also, if anyone has had a wedding on RC, do your guests have to book their trip at the same time? Can you reserve blocks of rooms without them putting a deposit? Can you request that you have ajoining tables at dinner? Please help.. any information would be awesome!

I don't know about RC but Carnival has a max of three weddings per sailing. Your guests can reserve a room with a deposit as long as it is 3 or more months out I think, any closer and you have to pay in full. You would pay for and book your wedding when you book your cruise. You may want to call RC and ask them. Maybe someone else on the board will be more help.

Does anyone know how many weddings on sailing day that Royal Caribbean can have? My fiance want to book a cruise for March 10th but we wanted to wait til June. My only concern was that it may be too late and RC will tell me that they have met their wedding max for sailing day.

Please help!

Also, if anyone has had a wedding on RC, do your guests have to book their trip at the same time? Can you reserve blocks of rooms without them putting a deposit? Can you request that you have ajoining tables at dinner? Please help.. any information would be awesome!

I believe the number of weddings that are "allowed" on a ship depends on the size of the ship. The larger ships that can accomodate more passengers are going to have more availiable venues for hosting a wedding - while the smaller ships, the ones that hold less passengers, are going to have a fewer amount of venues to hold a wedding.

Your guests do not have to book at the same time if they are sailing with you. But you will have to make sure that your reservation numbers are linked if you want to sit together at dinner.

Yes, you can go through the group booking department at RCCL and reserve blocks of rooms without putting down a deposit - you dont get to choose the rooms but you give them an estimate of how many rooms you think you will need.

Consider going through travelocity instead. We used kell in the group booking department at Travelocity. If you do group bookings through travelocity you can negotiate for free fares after so many rooms have been booked. Our first free single passenger fare was after 8 rooms booked, second free single passenger fare was after 14 rooms booked. After 16 rooms booked each person got a $25 ship board credit.

RCCL wouldnt give me any perks like that.

Happy Sailing and Joyous Wedding!!!

Please help!

I went thru an AWESOME travel agency that handled all of that for me. She is able to hold the rooms and get a timeframe before a deposit was due. I think we had 6 weeks, but we moved kinda quick. She even gives you afree website that you can design to send to all of your guests with all of the details and info about the trip and they can even make their reservation on the website. She didn't cost any more, infact I think she was actually able to get the cruise price cheaper than going with RCCL directly.

We are sailing on May 6 on the Granduer and the wedding is on St Thomas...She has helped me with all of that as well.

She is wonderful, call her, tell her Tara referred you. She is Brook Wilke with cruisingweddings.com.

We got every 8 cabin one goes free, we also got a group booking points thing where we got to choose cabin gifts for all of our guests like champagne for all cabins, Beach towels for everyone and stuff like that, we incorporated that stuff in with our goodie bag stuff and everyone is getting something free delivered to their cabin for 3 nights.

We also go to choose our cabin mix to hold, we chose the number of suites, inside and outside, and Brook was able to monitor everything for us as the bookings came in, she would call and ask if I needed more cabins held.

Have fun planning and Congratulations:)

I also suggest using a travel agent to reserve a block of rooms. We reserved 8 rooms. A few people booked outside of our block, but our agent linked them to our group so we could all sit together at dinner.

With the group booking, we got amenities which we were able to use to throw a cocktail party after the wedding (we used the "free" person for that) and a $50 credit for each stateroom that booked with the block. Not a bad deal at all! Plus she sent us a bottle of wine for our table on our wedding night.

The best part is that a travel agent is one extra person to help you field questions. He/She can help your guests figure out flights, transfers from the airport, etc.

Good luck with your planning!!!

Carrie

When I booked our Freedom of the Seas nuptials with RCCL, I was told that the number of weddings depended on the "size" of each party. I was also told when I called that I was getting the "last slot" for my date. The "last slot" was supposedly number 3. However, the last time I inquired there w:p ere are no other weddings scheduled for my date. Three seems to be the magic number as a general rule.

I too would concur that getting a travel agent to handle your reservations would be the best way to go, especially if you want to dine as a group. Just makes it easier to have one central point of contact.

Congrats and best of luck.

niyapa

Archived