Favorite beverage on a cruise

lenquixote66

I'm not sure I have a "favourite" as that implies some sort of enjoyment. I stopped drinking alcohol some 24 years back and, since then, have not really found a drink that brings enjoyment, as opposed to quenching thirst. I don't like sweet, fizzy American (and American style) drinks, such as Coke and the like. But it is difficult to find alternatives so, most of the time, whether on a cruise or at home, water is also my most common drink. 

• Like 1

I don't really like pina coladas. However, I find every time I board a tropical cruise, I crave a pina colada with a Myers rum floater. Only one and I am satisfied. But for some reason my tropical cruise isn't complete until I have had one pina colada with a dark rum floater.

Ship water!  I'm not a big water drinker at home, but I just love the taste of the water produced on the ship.

Our loyalty status gives us five free drinks a day.  I now use one of mine for fresh-squeezed OJ, which I do enjoy.  I try to order some cocktails that others rave about, but so far I have not found anything that I want to repeat.  I don't sit around the pool, so slushy drinks don't call my name.  A Mojito while the Latin band is playing, or a Dark & Stormy while sailing to Bermuda are my only standards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I was a lad my drink of choice was milk.Many apartment buildings had vending machines in the lobby where one could by a quart for a quarter.

Len,

The Mass Market Cruise Lines really, really need to get you back onboard.

On our recent Sky Princess cruise I was really surprised to realize that Remy XO (Cognac) was included in our beverage package!   What a treat.   But on the new EJ1 (Explora Journeys) they have a deal with the Moet folks.  One could get unlimited Moet Champagne (the Rose is addicting) and that did get to be a habit. A morning mimosa made with Moet Brut and fresh squeezed OJ was a treat.

I have been a wine buff for quite a few years.  I, very much, enjoy bringing my own wine on a cruise.  I have a lot of wine that I have to drink.  The plan is to leave none of it to the estate.  As you can imagine, this is my new full-time job.  I can't be goofing off just because I'm on a cruise.   🤣

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

We usually get a beverage package these days as we like our adult beverages.  For myself, I am a big fan of rum so Cuba Libre is a goto, made with Bacardi 8 & diet Coke.  Recently discovered Zacapa rum, can drink it like water on ship but the cheapest bottle is like $90 on land.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 9:27 AM, Hlitner said:

On our recent Sky Princess cruise I was really surprised to realize that Remy XO (Cognac) was included in our beverage package!   What a treat.   But on the new EJ1 (Explora Journeys) they have a deal with the Moet folks.  One could get unlimited Moet Champagne (the Rose is addicting) and that did get to be a habit. A morning mimosa made with Moet Brut and fresh squeezed OJ was a treat.

Moët et Chandon…oh I’ll definitely be booking Explora!  I also love all the tropical and tiki drinks.  Then again a chilled mug of draft beer will hit the spot.  If all else fails I’ll settle for Coke on ice.  

16 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Moët et Chandon…oh I’ll definitely be booking Explora!  I also love all the tropical and tiki drinks.  Then again a chilled mug of draft beer will hit the spot.  If all else fails I’ll settle for Coke on ice.  

According to some CC posts, a few months after our cruise. the EJ folks abandoned the Moet and Chandon brand for a lesser known and priced brand also owned by the Henessy group.  If you are thinking about booking EJ, you might want to get active on the CC EJ board and find out the current status.

Hank

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

According to some CC posts, a few months after our cruise. the EJ folks abandoned the Moet and Chandon brand for a lesser known and priced brand also owned by the Henessy group.  If you are thinking about booking EJ, you might want to get active on the CC EJ board and find out the current status.

Hank

Thanks Hank, no Moët no cruise!  Right now my cruise plans are on hold…read my signature…sighhhh.